• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Blues, Brews, & BBQ (Birch Run, MI)

An excellent run contest at a nice location. It's their 2nd year and they have the biggest prize pool of any Michigan contest. Getcha a team together and sign up!

Do you know how the power will be set up this year?

I believe same as last year, generators with the plug in boxes run throughout the set up area.

I don't remember if they didn't have enough boxes or we needed 200' of extension last year? The bacon was outstanding though!

Ahh, bacon at Tony's restaurant?
I will find out about the electricity and p.m. you.

We are signed up for the contest. It sure would be nice to see Bubba Q, Cancer Sucks and Diva Q back at this contest. It was fun cooking with them last year.

We are signed up for the contest. It sure would be nice to see Bubba Q, Cancer Sucks and Diva Q back at this contest. It was fun cooking with them last year.

I forgot. You"re bringing the Jack again?:p

If I get the day off, I am there. Mmmmmmm bacon....

Scott is 75 shut down for those coming from the south? And I hope you are cooking correct

The following letter was sent to all of last years teams as well as this years teams that have already signed up. Lots of good stuff here:

[FONT=&quot]Dear Cook Teams,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The 2013 Blues, Brews & Barbecue has been moved to 12126 Dixie Hwy. This is east of I-75 and just south of Birch Run Road. You can actually see it from the expressway. This location has better visibility with dry, high ground and plenty of parking.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have also changed the itinerary this year and we believe that you will like it;[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]FRIDAY (August 23rd)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cooks meeting in the Judge’s Tent @ 6:00PM with Rich & Bunny Tuttle our KCBS Contest Representatives.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Complimentary first 20# bag of ice.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Complimentary pizza served after Cooks Meeting until gone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Complimentary keg of beer during dinner until gone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Entertainment tent without cover charge starts @ 7:00PM with great Blues musicians and $3.00 drafts.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Quiet Time will be Midnight.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]SATURDAY (August 24th)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Complimentary Breakfast @ 7:00AM until gone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The “9:22AM Shot” of Jack Daniels @ the Judge’s Tent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Regular turn-in and times[/FONT]
§ [FONT=&quot]Noon – Chicken[/FONT]
§ [FONT=&quot]12:30PM – Ribs[/FONT]
§ [FONT=&quot]1:00PM – Pork[/FONT]
§ [FONT=&quot]1:30PM – Brisket[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Awards @ 3:00PM in the Entertainment Tent[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]When departing we will direct traffic for you. We have a carnival that started on Thursday and will be running until Sunday. Your cooperation is appreciated.[/FONT]

· [FONT=&quot]For Police / Fire / Ambulance dial 911[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mike Szukhent (810) 625-3708 cell[/FONT]

Ok, a few more updates... We have 16 teams signed up as of last night.

It looks like our spaces will be 50x50 (this is not in stone but looks really good). The beer for the teams Friday night will be Molson Canadian!! If you don't like beer please let us know we can get you pop or water. Goodie Bags will be handed again They will be very good goodie bags. Also one of the sponsors are providing free shirts for each team.

So Free Dinner,Free Breakfast (with coffee) Free Beer,free bag of ice, great goodie bags, large spaces, and a $10k prize pool, did we forget anything ??

We would like to see some Ohio,Indiana,Illinois, Pennsylvania,New York and Canadian teams come out and join us for a great time!!

Pretty sure Im going to be signing up for this event. It will be my first sanctioned competition and really look forward to it! Im new to the forums and new to the hobby but have always cooked and grilled and this year picked up smoking and true bbq. Im HUGE into hobbies and naturally competitive so I figured this event is within an hr of me and would be the perfect opportunity to dive into the comp scene. Look forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts and cookin up some q!

-Ben

A really nice venue, really, really close to the Birch Run Outlet mall, which could be good or bad depending on how much your wife likes to shop :). It's a 2nd year contest and you can see from the above posts that the organizers are making a conscious effort to make this really cooker friendly.
Looking forward to seeing our friends from surrounding states and our Canadian friends in attendance.

Back