THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Had this floating around in my head for a few days thanks to an episode of DDD (I think) and finally had the time to pull the trigger on it. Got a package of beef bones and hit them with a drizzle of evoo, kosher salt, and CBP.

Put them into the oven at 425 for about 45 minutes.

Scraped the marrow out into a bowl.

While it was still warm, grated some unsalted butter into the bowl and a bit of blue cheese.

Gave it a good stir and everything came together nicely. Rolled that up in plastic and into the fridge to let things set up. After it chilled for a night, I had this ready to have slices cut off as needed.

Found a couple of bone in ribeyes to put on the grill. Lightly seasoned with just K. salt and cbp.

Hit them with a couple of the marrow pucks when they were about done.

Gave them a rest for a couple of minutes.

Couldn't take the wait any longer and got after it.

It was so rich it was damn near tough to finish (but I managed :mrgreen:) I think I could have easily gotten away with just one puck on the steak.

WOW, that looks amazing!!:clap2:
You, Sir should get a medal or something for that!:thumb:

I'm guessing what does not get used on the steaks could be warmed through and spread on some toasted baguette?

Back