From Hilton Head/Bluffton SC

coastal

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
New member from South East SC

Currently in the growing obsession stage of backyard BBQ and smoking

Found this site while researching a new pit and have already read several threads.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and gaining some more knowledge

Welcome! I'm just down the road from you in Savannah. If it's not rained out, there's a South Carolina BBQ Contest in Beaufort this weekend that we'll be at.

Welcome! I'm just down the road from you in Savannah. If it's not rained out, there's a South Carolina BBQ Contest in Beaufort this weekend that we'll be at.

Yea I saw that, are you competing? Whats the best days to go for the public? Saturday? Or is it more of a closed comp?

Yea I saw that, are you competing? Whats the best days to go for the public? Saturday? Or is it more of a closed comp?

Yes, we're competing, my team is Yes, Dear BBQ. There's supposed to be an "anything butt" thing on Friday night, but with 80% chance of rain, I wouldn't go. On Saturday at 12, it's open to the public. You buy a ticket and can sample all the pork you want. There's ~30 teams competing so you'll get a first hand look at a myriad of different smokers.

Yes, we're competing, my team is Yes, Dear BBQ. There's supposed to be an "anything butt" thing on Friday night, but with 80% chance of rain, I wouldn't go. On Saturday at 12, it's open to the public. You buy a ticket and can sample all the pork you want. There's ~30 teams competing so you'll get a first hand look at a myriad of different smokers.

Nice. I will try to make it. Sounds like a good way to see from a distance what a comp would be like

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back