par for the course

T

TreednNC

Throw something on the grill or fire up the smoker (first time using a true smoker) and the.bottom falls out. Going to keep on keeping on. Will report results later!

Living about 20 mins from you, I'm asuming it means its raining there. Like you said, just keep on keeping on. The showers are just spotty for now.

I was wondering how he was "Going to keep on keeping on" without a bottom to his cooker. :shock:

That's what I was wondering, too :)

Oh well...

carry on...
umbrellasmilef.gif

The bottom of the clouds lol. Any "smoking" I've done has been sort of offsetting the heat on my charcoal grill and using chips. I was given a Meca charcoal smoker and giving it a go with some pork loin with some hickory I had laying around. Anytime I break charcoal out, the clouds open up and it pours. today is no different.

Sorry didn't realize it double posted my thread. Yes its southern for Get THE UMBRELLA!!!

Must not be too southern cause I grew up in De and knew what you meant!
Keep cooking - a little rain never hurt... and it makes for a good story.

Sorry didn't realize it double posted my thread. \

Well, the two thread were posted 15 minutes apart, so I'n not sure what "it" did that :-D

If something like that happens again use the report post button to alert a mod and we can clean it up. I just happened to see this post and took care of it, but we can't read every post in every thread.

Here is what the day consisted of....

Half of a normal, store bought pork loin, Smithfield brand. Two small pieces of pork loin from a hog that a friend raised and killed.
IMAG0618_zpsbd38d8d6.jpg
IMAG0620_zpsc6df6dc0.jpg

IMAG0621_zps884705c1.jpg
IMAG0624_zps36ad8ccc.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L
The bottom falls out? Not sure what that means.

Good luck, whatever the issue is!
That's southern for "it's raining like hell!".

Last edited:
Living about 20 mins from you, I'm asuming it means its raining there. Like you said, just keep on keeping on. The showers are just spotty for now.

Surprised you knew where that was :clap: ...I've moved since then. In Conover now...not that it's that much further.

Back