Walmart Royal Oak Lump

pci

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ad in today's paper Royal Oak Lump 17.6 lbs. bag $10

nice! now true value, lowes, and now walmart are putting lump on sale. this doesnt happen often and sure other stores will follow suit soon!!

Sweet! The sale is also showing up in my area! Will be loading up in a few hours. :cool:

Same here, my three local Wal Marts only sell the 8.8 lb bags or whatever they are. I do like the Royal Oak lump and am happy it is easy to get locally.

$10 for 17.7 lbs seems kinda steep. check out costco and sams club where I can find El Diablo or frontier lump for $11-$12 per 40 lb bag

My Wally World also had something I have never noticed before - "Ridge Hardwood Briquets by Royal Oak". They were pretty cheap but I don't remember the exact numbers.

when you open the royal oak lump from my local walmart stores, it all looks like it got dropped from the top of the supercenter. pieces the size of a quarter and smaller.

when you open the royal oak lump from my local walmart stores, it all looks like it got dropped from the top of the supercenter. pieces the size of a quarter and smaller.

IMO, it's the price a business pays for doing business with Wal Mart. They want the product for next to nothing.

IMO, it's the price a business pays for doing business with Wal Mart. They want the product for next to nothing.

probably so. it just seems like very few people make this complaint and i haven't had good luck with their lump for, it seems like, a couple years.

probably so. it just seems like very few people make this complaint and i haven't had good luck with their lump for, it seems like, a couple years.

I used to have this complaint (along with others) regarding RO from Wal Mart. I no longer have any complaints about it. Because I quit shopping there. :shock: :loco:

I do get some small stuff in the RO bags. I just dump those on top of the larger pieces so it wont fall through the charcoal grate. Even though some pieces may be small, they still seem to burn the same. For this price, it's great lump.

I got several bags at Restaurant Depot this weekend for around $8. As well as it being BBQ month, there should be plenty of sales this Memorial day weekend.

I agree. I can get the same RO hardwood lump for about $9 locally, regularly priced.
40 lb bags of Mexican Mesquite sell for $10 at a local firewood yard.

Hey Carbon,

Where do you get RO for $9?

Back