MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Gibby
Found some matches.

Default Lowes Price Match?

Anyone know if Lowes price matches? I swung by my local Menards today becuase they had the Akorn on sale for $259... only problem was I couldn't get any help while I was there. I asked two people if I could get some assiatance in the grill section. Both times pages went out for customer assistance in the grill section, but yet still nobody comes Finaly after 20 min of waiting stairing up at the box on the shelf and with aggrivation setting in I just decided to leave. So now Im looking to Lowes, but hate to pay the 299 price tag when it can be had cheaper...
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
FormulatedFire
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I believe they do. I've price matched appliances there before. Basically you get the competitor price and then another 10% off on top of that. Obviously it has to be the same item and a normal sale. They also offer a 10% military discount if that applies to you...saved me some change on alot of projects.
FormulatedFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

they will price match plus 10% but it has to be the EXACT same thing.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulatedFire View Post
I believe they do. I've price matched appliances there before. Basically you get the competitor price and then another 10% off on top of that. Obviously it has to be the same item and a normal sale. They also offer a 10% military discount if that applies to you...saved me some change on alot of projects.
i've been told multiple times that they will not offer the 10% price beating and the 10% military discount on the same sale.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Old 05-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
FormulatedFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscw81 View Post
i've been told multiple times that they will not offer the 10% price beating and the 10% military discount on the same sale.
Might be based on the manager/sales associate. I've done both 2-3 times here recently.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

nice, color me jealous

Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

They should match the price plus 10% if it's the exact same item. (Which they try not to have) They will call Menards and ask the price of that item if it's not in an ad you can show them.
DerHusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Anyone know if Lowes price matches? I swung by my local Menards today becuase they had the Akorn on sale for $259... only problem was I couldn't get any help while I was there. I asked two people if I could get some assiatance in the grill section. Both times pages went out for customer assistance in the grill section, but yet still nobody comes Finaly after 20 min of waiting stairing up at the box on the shelf and with aggrivation setting in I just decided to leave. So now Im looking to Lowes, but hate to pay the 299 price tag when it can be had cheaper...
Just me, but if I want something and a page doesn't work, I walk to the customer service desk. Takes less time and produces less stress than leaving. 20 minutes is more than enough time for the walk. Plus, if I remember correctly, Menard's Acorn is that nice red.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #9
Churrasqueiro Bob
Full Fledged Farker

I've done price matching at Lowe's and didn't receive the additional 10% off. Did you guys have to ask or maybe I just get a cashier that doesn't know about it?
Churrasqueiro Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
FormulatedFire

Here's the quote from their site:

"We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower everyday price on an identical item at a local retail competitor, just bring us the competitor's current ad, and we'll beat their price by 10%. If a competitor is offering a percent off discount, we’ll match the final net price the competitor is offering. Our price guarantee does not apply to installation labor, to the competitor's closeout, special order, discontinued, clearance, liquidation or to damaged items. Limited to reasonable quantities"

Maybe print out their page before you go as well.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Everyday+Low+Prices_787241445_

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm not in retail, but I see a difference in price matching plus additional 10% off "every day price" and an advertised "sale price".

If 26$ is causing stress I suggest another hobby.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
RugRat
Got rid of the matchlight.

If its a set sale price, the beat it by 10%. If its a global sale percent off coupon, then they just price match. I was able to use a 20% off coupon from harbor freight at Home Depot when I purchased my smoker. They also accept competitors coupons.
RugRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Key word is identical. Those two items are not identical.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Gibby
Found some matches.

I went to check out Lowes yesterday. I showed them the Menards add and the guy a talked with said they would price match plus an additional 10% off. Only problem is they had none in stock except the floor model. There is another Menards that I think I will hit up tonight, online say there in stock... I'm not leaving till I have an Akorn sitting in the back of my truck!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote