THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
I've been looking at pellet smokers for a few years and finally decided on the Yoder YS640. I took delivery yesterday and cooked some chicken, veggies and potatoes on it last nigh, sorry no pics but it performed fantastic.

Tonight I roll cut a pork loin and stuffed it with sauted spinach/onion/garlic/tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Rolled and tied it and seasoned with olive oil, s/p, herbs.

The Yoder YS640

The loin, all seasoned up and ready to hit the cooker at 325*

The main grilling area is 640/sqin. I added a upper rack that adds and additional 430/sqin, bringing total cooking area to 1070/sqin. This loin was at least 16" long, and I think I could fit 12 with the upper rack installed.

About an hour in at 325*

Resting peacefully

Sliced and ready to go

I have cooked a hundred pork loins in my life and this one was by far the best. The pellet smoker adds just the perfect amount of smoke so that it acts like another seasoning such as salt and pepper. Absolutely amazing. I have 6 slabs, 5# of sausage, beans, and potatoes planned for it on Sunday,
I cant wait.

looking good I have had mine since Jan...it works great and have had no problems. Have you used your temp. ports yet? I was thinking of ordering one from Yoder?

Thanks for the input guys, this thing really does a nice job.

Norco, you are the one that pushed me over the edge and convinced me to buy it.

William, you are correct, it is a new home we just moved at the end of February. It's been a very long process, now I just need landscaping and a patio so I can get my bbq's of the driveway.

Guy in the neighborhood who caters got one when they first came out. Based on his feedback, you're going to love it.

Back