• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Wrapped Beer Battered Pickles

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've made these in the past and really like the flavor combo.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138755

This time I used toothpicks instead of skewers, it was a lot easier to fry them and used less oil.

Wrapped the dill pickles in thin bacon, then dredged in flour and dipped in beer batter.

8bb345cc-b8d1-4553-859f-f99d1c975032_zps19cbabc0.jpg

bfd3d0a0-6faf-410b-acd6-fb555d189f48_zpsf73ded55.jpg

d0031ca5-dabc-41f2-9bf0-1e5504e240a2_zpsa5f41dd0.jpg

76b8bee8-6555-461e-a8f5-f8484ca88665_zps94b3098e.jpg

d70868db-058f-4859-83d0-0701f4335e61_zps6c369fd1.jpg

0b85f5cd-a41c-48db-9679-1c386baf5d59_zpseed664b3.jpg

This time the bacon wasn't as crisp as the last batch, but I liked them and will make em again. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

I am having a hard time trying to wrap my head around that combo, but I would substitute the pickle with chicken and do that any day.

Thanks everybody!

Thanks Deepsouth!

Yum Jeanie... I LOVE pickles and the bacon wrapped battered/deep fried treatment puts it out of orbit for me. :mrgreen:
Thanks Al they are so tasty!! I love deep fried pickles, even without the bacon. :becky:

I am having a hard time trying to wrap my head around that combo, but I would substitute the pickle with chicken and do that any day.
Mark I hope you try them sometime. Usually I batter and fry dill pickle slices. They're popular in a lot of areas around the southern US I guess.

Garrett, thanks! Hope you give em a try sometime.

Bacon wrapped pickle. I wonder if my wife would......Oh never mind.:oops:
Cowgirl, as always I love you're creativity.

Thanks Angryfish! :becky:

fried dill pickles are the bomb. it sounds like the saltiness of the bacon and the crispiness of the frying would really kick it up a bit.

Awesome.

You could wrap bacon around cow turds and it would still be delicious!

I know deep fried pickles are big in the south. I had some in Alabama a few years ago that were fantastic but I have never seen them wrapped in bacon. That looks awfully good. I just might have to try that!

Very timely post - my first batch of home made pickles will be ready this weekend! :clap2:

I'm guessing that goes pretty well with beer, yes? (as if I had to ask...)

Do you season the flour at all? Maybe a little Tony C's or S&P?

Thanks friends! :becky:

Very timely post - my first batch of home made pickles will be ready this weekend! :clap2:

I'm guessing that goes pretty well with beer, yes? (as if I had to ask...)

Do you season the flour at all? Maybe a little Tony C's or S&P?

Heck Greg that will be tasty! What kind of pickles did you make?

They are good with beer, but I skipped it this time. :becky:
I didn't season the flour, just dredged and dipped into the beer batter. I did season them after frying. Just some salt. Tony C's would be great!
Hope you take pics of your pickle....and I mean that in a nice way. lol :oops:

I know deep fried pickles are big in the south. I had some in Alabama a few years ago that were fantastic but I have never seen them wrapped in bacon. That looks awfully good. I just might have to try that!

Thanks Oifmarine! I bet the ones in Alabama were great! Iused to get them at Sonic Drive-ins when I was little. They just had the sliced kind, not the whole pickle. They're pretty tasty.

Back