Baby back ribs on sale BOGO or 50% off at Fresh Market today! Should I stock up/freeze?

L

LightmanE300

Hey all - I was pleased to get the email today that fresh market had baby backs at half price, for 'foodie Friday'.. I just went and picked up 3 big meaty slabs, and they are in sealed packs of 3. My question is, should I stock up/do they freeze/thaw to be as good as fresh or should I just enjoy what I've got? Anyway thanks for any advice, and hope that someone sees this and saves some $ on ribs!

They are in packs, and I do have a vac sealer..I just am new to Q, and didn't have any experience/wasn't sure if ribs freeze/store well. These packs of 3 slabs are $52..is that pretty normal range? I ended up getting the 3 racks for like 26 dollars or so..seemed pretty good to me.

What does that break down to price per pound?
Our local Restaurant Depot sells BB ribs at their regular price of $2.47/lb. They come 3 racks in each cryo paks.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you got 3-3packs of baby backs, 9 total racks of ribs for $26. I would get back to the store and do it again, maybe 2 more times.

I guess that would have been the smarter question, price per lb..I didn't realize it was listed on their relatively blank label. 5.99lb is their normal price...not a surprise for a high end grocery store like fresh market...although they typically carry slightly 'higher end' meats in terms of chicken, steaks, etc. Is there as much quality variance in ribs as there is chicken/steak..? These look incredibly lean and good I will say that. So I guess at the end of the day I ended up around $2.99lb with the sale..

If I'm understanding you correctly, you got 3-3packs of baby backs, 9 total racks of ribs for $26. I would get back to the store and do it again, maybe 2 more times.

I knew the way I wrote that would trip some people up..it tripped me up when I read it the second time..that said, it's Friday and a long hectic week and I decided to just roll with it :wink:

Back