Trying my own spin on a Myron Winner. PrOn A little for now

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Been surfin around here and on the web for some ideas to make chicken that doesn't have a really smokey flavor for the wife. I have heard and read so much about the muffin tin chicken (I am sure many of you are sick of hearing about this) I thought this might be a way to cook chicken in my kamado without the chicken taking on a whole lot of smoke flavor.

I watched a video on youtube that the fella skinned the thighs and scraped the fat from it and then re-wrapped it and brined it overnight. Then put it in the tins and added butter on top. I wondered why take out fat then add it as butter fat?
So I decided to just let it simmer in it's own fat.
I opted not to set it in a pan of chicken stock and put holes in my muffin tins either.
Thinking that it will come out like fried chicken sitting in it's own fat. We shall see!

chickentins001_zpsaffcfcc6.jpg

Added Proscutto

chickentins002_zpsc13d30e4.jpg

More to follow soon,
Jed

Last edited:
I haven't cooked anything in the oven since I got my Kamado. Florida is perfect outside cookin weather year round.
Jed

There cookin now!
[ame]http://youtu.be/nhK4gtPrqBQ[/ame]

Pulled and foiled, now raising the temp on the cooker to crisp the skins!

Out of the tin and on to the grill to crisp up the skin

finalsizzle003_zps42c05f9b.jpg

Made a little wild rice, sucotash, and gravy with the left over remnants in the tins. Time to eat!

finalsizzle006_zpse00c559d.jpg

Thanks for lookin, it was great!

Those Look Great !! Did You get the skin you were looking for?

How did they taste? My wife is the same way sure would be nice to give her what she wants and I could cook more pork!

Looks great from here too. I like the looks of your side dishes Jed..really tasty! :thumb:

How did they taste? My wife is the same way sure would be nice to give her what she wants and I could cook more pork!
They were really good. I may have put to much Montreal Seasoning though, they were a little salty. Sitting in the muffin pans there is no way for the rub to escape. Go lightly with spices. Thanks,
Jed

Back