My Nemesis ... Chicken Skin

Fat Old Sun

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Has finally been conquered!

I threw everything but the kitchen sink at it this time around. Pulled, scraped and re-wrapped the skin, put some baking powder in the rub, and bumped the temp by 50 degrees - first bite was tasty, clean through, and even had a little hint of crispiness to it. I was going to take pics, but we ate them all too fast.

Now with that monkey off my back, it's on to driving everyone insane as I tweak my rub and sauce flavors. :thumb:

Hmm, sounds more like surgery to me lol. Good deal, can't say I've tried that before.

I struggle getting crispy skin and perfect internal temp.

Hope your new method stands up on repeated cooks. You may have unlocked a winning combination.

Has finally been conquered!

I threw everything but the kitchen sink at it this time around. Pulled, scraped and re-wrapped the skin, put some baking powder in the rub, and bumped the temp by 50 degrees - first bite was tasty, clean through, and even had a little hint of crispiness to it. I was going to take pics, but we ate them all too fast.

Now with that monkey off my back, it's on to driving everyone insane as I tweak my rub and sauce flavors. :thumb:

Now that you think you have it conquered, can you duplicate it? :-D

Much like making beer, the big question is going to be can I do it again. We'll see.

Back