MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
PalmettoSmoke
On the road to being a farker

Default BBQpad.com

I just found out about BBQpad.com, and wanted to share it with the Brethren. It is a great site that lets you track all aspects of your cook online. It works with virtually any device with an internet connection (iPhone, Android, Tablets, Computers, etc).

You are able to track any cook from start to finish. You can track food temps, cooker temps, rubs, marinades, fuel types, and a lot more. You can add notes to the cook whenever you want. You can add pictures as well. At the end of your cook, you can "grade" yourself and get a KCBS style score. The best part: it's free to use!

If you are a competition cook, and want to hide some of your cooks from the public, they do offer a paid upgrade for $24\year.

Check them out at http://www.bbqpad.com

I am not a affiliated with BBQpad at all. I am just a BBQ enthusiast who hates keeping up with paper notes. This site is awesome, and I wanted to share with anyone else who may find it useful!

[B]Modified[/B] Custom Pits Model A1 Offset Trailer, 18.5" WSM, 22.5" Weber Kettle, UDS Build in Progress
PalmettoSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Hey,

I am one of the guys who works on BBQpad, so wanted to say thanks for posting the awesome recommendation to the bretheren. :-)

I just wanted to say - if anyone has any questions, or feedback and refinements that they would like to see in BBQpad, just let me know - our goal is to make it a really useful tool for the BBQ community, so we are always eager to sand off any rough edges we have not seen yet and answer any questions.

Thanks!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
tx_hellraiser
Full Fledged Farker

Just signed up
tx_hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
PalmettoSmoke

Jono,

Would it be possible to show (maybe on the Most Popular page) a listing of the cooks with the highest scores. Then we could go look to see what these people did. I know people are scoring themselves, but it may still prove useful.

[B]Modified[/B] Custom Pits Model A1 Offset Trailer, 18.5" WSM, 22.5" Weber Kettle, UDS Build in Progress

Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoSmoke View Post
Jono,

Would it be possible to show (maybe on the Most Popular page) a listing of the cooks with the highest scores. Then we could go look to see what these people did. I know people are scoring themselves, but it may still prove useful.
This is something we are planning. In fact, we want to take it a step further too.

We are going to add a page where you can browse by food (e.g. Brisket) and then browse the highest rated cooks, and ultimately the highest rated cooks that match your cooker too.

We are also planning on adding a feature where readers can rate the quality of the BBQpad cook log to indicate which cooks are more detailed, have good quality photos etc. This will all help find the very best cooks on BBQpad to learn from and share.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Jono, you may want to see about setting up a vendor account on the forum. I'm not sure if this discussion is within the terms of use.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Jono, you may want to see about setting up a vendor account on the forum. I'm not sure if this discussion is within the terms of use.
Ahhh, I don't want to break any terms of use - I presumed that me responding to an independent post about the site would not be considered inappropriate, but happy to take the discussion elsewhere if needed.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobacon View Post
Ahhh, I don't want to break any terms of use - I presumed that me responding to an independent post about the site would not be considered inappropriate, but happy to take the discussion elsewhere if needed.
That's not for me to decide. Just trying to help out. I now realize what you mean by you just responded. Seriously I am real glad this post was made cuz it looks like an awesome product. I just registered in fact and look forward to giving it a whirl.

KCBS CBJ

Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
PalmettoSmoke

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. Like I said in the original post, I just found this site and thought some of the Brethren would like it. If it needs to me moved somewhere else, I'm sure the mods will let us know.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
Scottydont81

I love using the site, great layout great way to track cooks. Makes it social too, at any time you an see who else is cooking. I have a few cooks with pics up, use the same name I have here
Scottydont81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Quote:
That's not for me to decide. Just trying to help out. I now realize what you mean by you just responded. Seriously I am real glad this post was made cuz it looks like an awesome product. I just registered in fact and look forward to giving it a whirl.
No worries, and thanks for helping - the last thing I ever want to do is to be that guy. :-)

Glad you like the site - one of the main reasons why we built it is so that when people ask questions on forums such as this, they can ask the question in their forum post and then provide a link to their cook with the details so folks who answer can see what they did. So, hopefully, BBQpad and BBQ Bretheren should go hand in hand. :-)

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Is there a way to add Backwoods smokers to the list? Specifically the Party model? Also, a lot of cooks use a mixture of woods - is there a way to select more than one type?

KCBS CBJ

Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
ckelly
Full Fledged Farker

Just what I need. A database to volunteer information for shiggin. No thanks.
ckelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #14
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Quote:
Is there a way to add Backwoods smokers to the list? Specifically the Party model? Also, a lot of cooks use a mixture of woods - is there a way to select more than one type?
Thanks for the suggestion. I have now added all of their models so you can select the Party in your next cook. :-)

If there are any other smoker models that you (or anyone else) feel should be added, just let me know. :-)

Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
jonobacon
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly View Post
Just what I need. A database to volunteer information for shiggin. No thanks.
If you want to use the site to help track your cooks to refine your 'cue, but want to keep those cooks private, we have the BBQpad Pro upgrade which is only $24/year but keeps your cooks private (you can choose which cooks are private and which are public). More details are at http://www.bbqpad.com/about/pros

Tags
BBQpad