Gator Pit - BEGINNER Event - March 18th

B

BrooklynQ

From another forum....

Date: March 18 Time to be announce.
Entry Fee: $50.00.

Unsanctioned BBQ Cookoff will held at the Gator Pit facility. Limited to 10 pits. Any brand pit is welcome (Gator or other). No campers allowed. No electricity, no water, bring what you need to cook. Meat catagories: Chicken, Spare Ribs, and Brisket only. Will follow IBCA rules. Here is the link: http://www.ibcabbq.org/rules1.htm . We will pick judges from those family and friends that attend. This will be a one day event, Saturday. We are limited to space, so keep it simple and only bring what you need to cook for the day. Folks are welcome to bring their pits Friday afternoon after 1pm and can start cooking that evening. Charlynn Sharry will be the Head Judge. Many of you know her from judging previous IBCA events.

Trophies will be awarded to the top three in all meat catagories.

Turn In Times:
Chicken 1:00 pm
Spare Ribs 2:00 pm
Brisket 3:00 pm
Awards around 4:30pm

Everyone will be expected to vacate by 6:00 pm Saturday evening. I ask that you bring trash bags, cleaning sprays, etc and to keep your pit area clean to minimize clean-up of the parking lot after everyone is gone.

Gator Pit is not responsible for any theft, damage, injury, etc. that may and/or could happen.

Guys/Gals, this is for fun. Just thought it would be fun to get together locally here in Houston. For those that never competed, this would be a great opportunity to get a realistic feel for competition cooking. Those that are fairly new to competition cooking or interested in doing competition cooking is what this event is for. The committe will decide from those that are interested as to who we will allow to participate. If you have cooked more than three cookoffs, don't ask to enter.
Myself, Bill Cannon (TexasBBQRub.Com), and many other experienced competition cookers will be at the cookoff walking around answering questions and offering advice to those that want it. Anything from meat preperation, slicing, placement of meat in turn-in boxes, etc.

More info to come so check back as we will keep it updated as we work out the details between now and then.
11161 West Little York
Houston, Texas 77041
Toll Free 1-866-869-5166
Local 713-896-0144
www.gatorpit.net
info@gatorpit.net

Lets see,

It's NOT sanctioned
No electricity
No Water
Judges are friends and family
No cash prizes

Sounds like something I'd like to do every weekend!!!!!!

We should do that up here. We could reserve a spot at Eisenhower Park and get like 5-10 pits there and everyone invite some friends and family.

If I didn't live 3 hours away I'd go but for an afternoon well maybe. I'm waiting for the Houston LSS and Rodeo for the big BBQ comp. All the boys will be there then.

Smoker said:
Lets see,

It's NOT sanctioned
No electricity
No Water
Judges are friends and family
No cash prizes

Sounds like something I'd like to do every weekend!!!!!!

We should do that up here. We could reserve a spot at Eisenhower Park and get like 5-10 pits there and everyone invite some friends and family.[/QUOTE

we could do this in my driveway

Willie writes>>>we could do this in my driveway<<<

but Willie, do you think your neighbor would approve??:eusa_clap

Back