THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Sunday morning the wife said she was thinking about pizza for dinner. I said "oh snap! There just happens to be a Pizza TD going on right now over in the new and improved BBQ Brethren Throwdown section, that Moose may or may not have had a hand in calling depending on which wackadoodle you choose to believe."

This is only my second attempt at making pizza on the egg. First time was OK but the dough left a bit to be desired. This time I used a dough recipe I found here on the brethren posted by brother Zippylip. I used the fast warm rise version, here's the recipe.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103444

I started out by grilling some chicken that I rubbed with some Slap Yo Daddy Meat Rub.

DSC_0084-001.jpg

The rest of the ingredients.

DSC_0090-001.jpg

The dough after the 30 minute rest was soft and pliable unlike the last recipe I tried. A little finger pushin' and a quick stretch over the knuckles and we had a round pie! Topped it with the diced chicken, sliced artichoke hearts and sliced pepperoncini. A little oregano and there you have it.

DSC_0092-001.jpg

Well...it was round until I slid it off the peal. :tsk: Hey, I figure I'll go for the rustic look with this one. :grin:

DSC_0096.jpg

It came out great, the crust was very good, I only wish it would've been a little darker, but hey, the wife loved it and we can't wait for the next pizza night. :thumb:

DSC_0104-001.jpg

DSC_0109-001.jpg

BigaMoose please use this pic for the TD.

DSC_0111-001.jpg

I had a small piece of leftover dough so I threw this together quick. Leftover pork loin and pickled hot tomatillo with BBQ sauce. It was like 4 bites of awesome.

DSC_0118-001.jpg

Thanks for looking and don't forget to visit the throwdown section to cast your vote!

:peace:

Very nice!
You should be very happy with that crust, especially for a "first time" on a new dough recipe!
My approach to dough is way different, but does not mean it is better.
Bravo.:clap:

Back