Is it a sin to...

P

pike51

cook with a crockpot? What are acceptable items to cook in a crockpot? Granted, I'd never personally consider doing "bbq" in a crockpot, but there are other things I like to make in ours. One of them is Carne Guisada. It's actually a recepie I received from the mother of a girl I dated when I lived in south Texas and it's absolutely the best I've ever had. So... am I a terrible person? How many "Hail Smoke's" do I owe?

No way! If you enjoy what you are making in it, keep on doing it. Heck, if you can make a meal that you enjoy and fits in your schedule in the microwave, do that too. The sin is letting others tell you how and what to enjoy.

I love meathead's motto, "There are no rules in the kitchen or the bedroom" and I try to follow it. For me, BBQ cannot be made in a crockpot. That being said, it can put out some tasty soups, dips, chili's, etc.

Now that we have established that it is okay to use the crock pot let's talk about this carne guisada recipe. We use a recipe we found on line and converted it to cook in our pressure cooker. We just got a new pressure cooker too and were wondering what to make, carne guisada sounds good to me.

I love crocks for chilli, spares n' kraut, good for holding things hot. Do alot of chuck roasts in the crock as well

Love my crock pots. Yes plural as I have 3, including one that has 3 inserts for different sizes :becky:. So I have 5 sizes to choose from total. I started doing pulled pork for my first venture into "slow cooking meat" with them and use them a bunch for all types of things now. Great for brunswick stew, pot roasts/veggies, holding bbq, etc. I also have an electric pressure cooker for a faster version of a crock pot. So I say "rock out with your crock out". Oh wait.........:icon_blush:.

The only thing I would consider to be a sin would be to boil ribs. but hey that is just me if you like it who cares. use the crockpot.

I use a crock pot regularly, and even a microwave is the best tool for some cooking tasks.

CD

During the summer time when I'm craving a lasagna but not the oven heat I'll use the crock pot to make lasagna up. I use it to make rice milk with as well, and beans when I don't wish to turn the oven on either. Use it for a slew of stews I make. Crock pot is a great cooker during those times you need it.

Not a sin at all! The sin comes in when you use the words "BBQ" and "crock pot" in the same sentence. ;)
Then there's this...

crock-pot-bbq-pit.jpg

I make bread in my crock pot. It turns out amazing, and I dont have to heat the oven.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Back