THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daWreck'n Q

I am trying out some wood fired pizza tonight, as practice. Having never done it before, any advice? I am using my wife's Pampered Chef 15" stone and my UDS, any concerns? Will take some pics and post them as I go thru the process.

Dan

It all should work fine, but, sometimes those Pampered Chef stones, I think it is them, have had a crack form in them.

The Wif won't let me use her Pampered Chef stones on the Traeger so I use an aluminum pizza screen from a restaurant supply shop. Stretch out the dough, lay it out on the screen, and top with what you want. I set the temp to 375 and cook for 10-12 minutes, rotate 180 and another 10-12. Enjoy!

I asked and asked for a good quality pizza stone for grills. She insisted that hers would work just fine....so if it cracks......I shouldn't be in the dog house....yeah right!!

I broke my wife's pampered chef stone after 4 cooks. It cracked well after the cook when I was trying to clean it up some. I replaced with a red sky stone which is made for much higher temps and fits my kettle.

I asked and asked for a good quality pizza stone for grills. She insisted that hers would work just fine....so if it cracks......I shouldn't be in the dog house....yeah right!!

I used a pampered chef pizza stone on the Weber grill, and it did fine.

CD

also for this first try, I am going to use a Boboli pre-made crust. If that makes a difference.

I've never tried that. I'd recommend you have your ingredients room temperature. I wouldn't put fresh from the fridge ingredients on a Boboli crust, and put it on the grill. I'd pull that pizza as soon as the ingredients are done, so you don't burn the already baked crust.

Good luck. Tell us how it works out.

CD

Back