Chuckies for a late Christmas

bo_b_q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I started my day out planning to make about 10 lbs of chuck roast for a family Christmas event tomorrow, which I eventually succeeded at. First I had to make a trip to the store for some odds and ends. I hate going when it's crowded as people and their lack of intelligence do not mix with me :mad2: I wanted to get it over and done with so I could just enjoy watching sweet blue! One of the items on the list was milk.......

DSCN0242_zps9e0b8d8a.jpg

This milk!

This is what happens when you are in a big hurry to get outside and get your smoker going and try to hold onto too many things at once when putting groceries away...you drop the milk causing it to crash to the ground, split the jug, shoot a milk geyser into the air and then pour all over the kitchen floor. The first thing that popped into my head was a story I read the other day and the words "Farking Fwoosh". No where nearly as bad and Dr. Pepper and brisket but a mess nonetheless. I didn't get any pics other than the one above, but the cleanup did involve moving the fridge and more swearing than necessary. I won't be finding it years from now, but given the fact my mind immediately went to the Brethren...probably a sign I'm spending the right amount of time on this website. :-D

But onto the main point... delicious chuck roast!

Rubbed them down with some Peppered Cow and through them on the UDS around 270* +/-5* for a 3-4 hours. Went light on the smoke because not eveyrone in the family likes it overpowering...just used a small chunk of apple and a small chunk of hickory. Took them to 165* threw them in pan with some Dr. Thunder (only the good stuff) and some woosty for another couple hours and then pulled by hand...gonna be tasty for lunch tomorrow.

This was also the maiden voyage for my iGrill. All I can say is it worked like a charm. If I got to far away it would lose its pairing, but as soon as I got within range it would pick it right back up. Awesome gadget!

Pictures aren't the best...my digital camera is possessed and hates me.:icon_devil

DSCN0249_zps94a5e8df.jpg

DSCN0244_zpsb65e8232.jpg

DSCN0246_zps6934a077.jpg

DSCN0257_zps9f312a9c.jpg

DSCN0309_zpsfc7a412b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Bo, that looks delicious! Sorry for the milk disaster. That stuff is getting expensive these days!

Yummee lookin vittles. Whut iz a iGrill?????? :redface:
Never mind Google was my friend.

Interesting gadget.

Back