24th Q / Part II: HNF 5H Pork Shoulder Roast [w/ pr0n]

This is not your pork!

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So this is my first time I used a boneless pork shoulder roast without speck with a weight of 10.44 lbs:

02_pork_shoulder_roast_10_44_lbs.jpg

It was nice and fatty with an rather unexpected backside

07_pork_shoulder_roast.jpg

08_pork_shoulder_roast.jpg

I didn't trim anything, rubbed it with our usual pork rub and put it on the lower grate of my WSM

09_pork_rubbed_on_lower_grate.jpg

It took about 3 hours to reach IT 165°F, which was the point when I foiled it with quite some apple juice

23_pork_before_foiling_at_167.jpg

I took it to 207°F, which was reached after 5 hours (Maverick shows 1:58 counting up, because the first 3 hours were on countdown)

25_pork_ready_after_5h.jpg

HNF means all my WSM could give with all intakes fully opened, and I didn't really care to check the temp at all, I just let it go where it wanted to:

24_pork_ready.jpg

26_pork_ready_for_resting.jpg

Pork shoulder roast after resting in cooler

27_pork_after_resting.jpg

28_pork_closeup.jpg

Then it got all pulled

29_pulled_pork.jpg

30_pulled_pork_closeup.jpg

The new batch of apple cider vinegar based pork sauce I prepared yesterday evening

31_pork_sauce.jpg

Self made pita bread made by my wife

32_self_made_pita.jpg

And here we go with the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever had

33_pulled_pork_sandwich.jpg

34_pulled_pork_sandwich.jpg

35_pulled_pork_sandwiches_on_plate.jpg

What can I say, it was a fantastic meal! Here the last shot showing a special edition of apple cider vinegar only available a short time of the year, the vinegar based sauce and the yield of pulled pork to go into the fridge:

36_pulled_pork_the_end.jpg

And WOW again, no idea why this one got so much better than my previous porks, but it is absolutely stunning. Had another couple of pulled pork sandwiches with pita bread for lunch, and just pulled pork baguettes:

37_pulled_pork_baguette.jpg

It may not look that special, but it was to die for (again)! :smile:

Back