PartyQ on UDS

turkey_stalker

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I spoke with BBQ Guru yesterday about the partyq and was told that it would not be powerful enough for a drum smoker with its 6.5 cfm fan. I have seen a couple of posts around the web and was hoping to get some feedback here as well. Have any of your had any trouble getting/holding temps at 225-275? Also, how did you connect the partyq to your drum?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The party Is meant for smaller cookers as the manufacturer stated

I wanted to get the PartyQ for my BWS Chubby. I called BBQGuru and they told me it was not large enough for my cooker. So then I decided I would get a NanoQ, but after talking with a dealer about it, I ended up with a DigiQ .. I started out wanting to spend about 120.00 and ended up with spending 315.00.. I am sure I will like my DigiQ much better. I have not had a chance to use it yet.. Maybe this weekend for some Pepper Beef Stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I spoke with BBQ Guru yesterday about the partyq and was told that it would not be powerful enough for a drum smoker with its 6.5 cfm fan. I have seen a couple of posts around the web and was hoping to get some feedback here as well. Have any of your had any trouble getting/holding temps at 225-275? Also, how did you connect the partyq to your drum?

Thanks!

Honestly if your uds is set up right you really don't need any kind of extra air supply. I use a 10 cfm fan on my large Spicewine which is all I need so I can't help thinking a 6.5 cfm would work on a uds but I am not the expert here and overkill may be better here because someday you may want to use it on something bigger. I suggest saving your money and buy more meat?
Dave

I had a PartyQ. I purchased it for my 22.5" WSM (similar to UDS in size). The GURU people told me it would work fine. It didn't and I sent it back.They claimed something was wrong with the unit but gave me a full refund. I will not be buying another PartyQ. I do however like their other products.

I had a PartyQ. I purchased it for my 22.5" WSM (similar to UDS in size). The GURU people told me it would work fine. It didn't and I sent it back.They claimed something was wrong with the unit but gave me a full refund. I will not be buying another PartyQ. I do however like their other products.

What problems were you having? Seems like wsm 22.5 would be lesser air to heat than the UDS. Surprised to hear it wouldnt work...

Here's my drum with a PartyQ & it has worked just fine. I let the drum come to at least 225* before I attached the PartyQ & let it go to work. Have no problems holding 275*. The site I bought it from has a 3/4" adapter that screws into the ball valve.

2012-09-01_08-14-37_859.jpg

I have a PartyQ for my UDS. I used it once and it worked fine. However the UDS works so good on its own that I have never used the Guru again. It is not needed on a UDS in my opinion.

Back