good friends are all we need - CL SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

touchdowntodd

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
got a call from my new friend Chris i met here ...

he knows ive been searchin for a OTG or performer .. on the cheap

performer near me, good deal .. i email a bunch, so does he .. he gets ahold of the lady (no phone # in craigslist ad) .. he sets it up for me to pick it up . i happened to be off work today, so it all worked out..

i throw together a mini tool set and hit the road FAST!

get there, pay the man .. who says "oh ya, i have a cover to let me grab it" .. im thinking SCORE!

take it apart, all goes fairly well clean, very little if any rust, just needs a bath . DD date code .. one of the bottom "push in" bolt washers that hold the bottom legs to the sides is rusted out and thats the only issue .. that and a couple marks that look like teeth marks on the table handle..

heres the only pic i have because the other didnt work out, but you can see my 2 babies with their covers on.. total invested $150 on both came with covers, both in good shape, and believe it or not BOTH found by my buddy Chris ..

this is a great forum, and all the other deals are his, i only require these two.. no really thats all i require (although i wish the performer was blue).. im good for a LONG time ..

the only issue i can find with it working wise is the ignitor not lighting the gas.. the gas might be VERY old, but i checked all connections, and everything looks ok so idk .. i have to look that up.. chris gave me the heads up to blow it out its probably full of ash, ill have to try that

oh yeah .. BLACK STAINLESS .. GAS IGNITOR .. performer .. with COVER!

$50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! :clap::clap::clap:

bbq9.jpg

Nice score. Sure sounds like you're trying to convince yourself you don't need anymore cookers.

I sure wish that I could tell you for certain that I'd still have called you first if it had been halfway in between us :angel:, but I'm really not so sure :icon_blush:......lol. It couldn't have gone to a cooler Brethren! At least I got a consolation prize right before I called ya.....$20 OTS and cheapo chimney....used once!! I have an extra OTG ash pot/ring and hinged grate, so she'll be getting converted soon :thumb:
IMG_20120803_194439.jpg

Let Chris know, I need a few non-black kettles, big green eggs and a primo oval xl. :wink:

chris .. heres a pic of my method of roast beef we talked about ..

for those that dont know what i do, im sure some have heard of it .. jack the oven up to 500-550 depending on how hot your oven gets ... take the roast and cover it in olive oil, cracked pepper, and kosher salt ... cook it for 20 minutes, then turn the oven off .. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!! leave the oven alone for 3 hours ...

and u get this .. served up with carrots with kerry gold butter (the besssst), and a quick au jus made with chuckie drippings, rosemary, garlic, and more kerrry gold..

(more pink in real life than my crap cell phone camera can show)

bbq10.jpg

chris .. heres a pic of my method of roast beef we talked about ..

for those that dont know what i do, im sure some have heard of it .. jack the oven up to 500-550 depending on how hot your oven gets ... take the roast and cover it in olive oil, cracked pepper, and kosher salt ... cook it for 20 minutes, then turn the oven off .. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!! leave the oven alone for 3 hours ...

and u get this .. served up with carrots with kerry gold butter (the besssst), and a quick au jus made with chuckie drippings, rosemary, garlic, and more kerrry gold..

(more pink in real life than my crap cell phone camera can show)

bbq10.jpg

That looks farking YUM!! Is that center red and still slightly less drippy than raw? Like how a decent piece of deli roast beef is cooked?

Great scores you two. Congratulations! Always warms the cockles of my hearts when things like this happen on this great site.

That looks farking YUM!! Is that center red and still slightly less drippy than raw? Like how a decent piece of deli roast beef is cooked?

sometimes its like that, but this one sat in the oven for 4 hours lol i got pre-occupied .. it was niiiiiiiiiiicely barely mid rare .. :eusa_clap

Back