UDS-What happens to all the kettle bottoms?

markdtn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
When you buy a kettle to use the top on a UDS, what do you do with the bottoms? I need a Weber 22.5 bottom for the kettle I keep at the office. The one I have is rusted out where the legs attach. It is from 1991. Anybody have an extra?

I think a lot of folks are cutting the rim of the bowl off and mounting it to the top of the drum for a better fit.

When you buy a kettle to use the top on a UDS, what do you do with the bottoms? I need a Weber 22.5 bottom for the kettle I keep at the office. The one I have is rusted out where the legs attach. It is from 1991. Anybody have an extra?
\

got one you can have just pm me

Last edited by a moderator:
The Weber Redneck Firepit!

100_1714.jpg

If I score a 22.5, I intend to keep the bottom and use it sometimes :).

Bill
Exactly what I do. I use the bottom to hold the chimney when lighting and use the kettle (with the lid) when it's time to grill. It's a multi-tasking lid if you may.... Cheers!!!

make planters out of them :)

This is after we just panted beginning of summer

20120529211153308.jpg

And now
20120803151350619.jpg

On the kettle bottom planters... how do you do it... just close the vent and drop your potting soil of choice in? I have a kettle bottom that would love to become an herb garden.

I think a lot of folks are cutting the rim of the bowl off and mounting it to the top of the drum for a better fit.

Sometimes the originator, and always the imitator! The soon to be patented swamprb UDS/Kettle flange mod!

For closed drums
100_2247.jpg

Removable flange for Weber lids and open top drums

100_1640.jpg

100_1644.jpg

That's a good idea. Did you just cut the legs short with a hacksaw?

You are correct sir!

This is brilliant!

Thats what she said!

30 gallon drum 18" Weber lid and flange mod

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

Back