I did something scandalous and took pictures!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I rounded up three ribeyes in the freezer that I had aged around 10 days and vacuum sealed. I took them out late this afternoon wondering if they would thaw in time for dinner.

Then a downright devious thought crept into my mind. Why not grind them and make burgers!?!?!?!?

So I did. Yes, awesome ribeyes turned into hamburger. :crazy: Here's how the caper went down.

Some of the victims/suspects cut into strips for grinding. Guest appearance of kid's harmonica.

7653115028_00fe3d7294_z.jpg

The dastardly deed in progress!

7653114466_64c6f1ee9c_z.jpg

Rolled up and ready for smashing into burgers. There's that harmonica again.

7653113968_851fb67c2f_z.jpg

Confessions flattened out of them. Sprinkled with a little fingerprinting dust.

7653113532_c6d8abe951_z.jpg

Four of them turned-over on the last one under extreme heat and cheese pressure. One of them was visibly sweating.

7653113146_9f1ac08a25_z.jpg

This one held his ground to the end. Showing remarbling taste only a character with cast-iron fortitude could achieve.

7653112782_2998a21b1f_z.jpg

When it was all said and done the preponderance of the evidence was too much.

7653112494_fb9dc9f2ab_z.jpg

Oh yes, I will commit this grievous offense again.

So in all seriousness, these were some amazing burgers. Yes, it was painful to use such quality meat, but WOW they were good.

You should have been playing TAPS for those poor ribeyes.

Those burgers look awesome, Brother!!

I'm not sure if I should cheer or jeer! Darn fine looking harmonica, either way.

Matt

As the declared founding member of the Ribeye Murderer Club, I salute you.

My dad would do this on payday when I was a kid with sirloin steak.

As the declared founding member of the Ribeye Murderer Club, I salute you.

I sliced up ribeye for beef and broccoli stir fry one time. It was amazing, probably the best stir fry I've ever made and possibly the best beef and broccoli I've ever had. Is that enough to get me in the Ribeye Murderer Club? If not, would me telling you it was a two inch thick hunk off the end of a whole ribeye the rest of which made some of the best steaks I've ever grilled do it?

Fark the rules. Good food is good food. :thumb:

CD

I believe that to be illegal in all 50 states; IA investigation pending.

I bet those were some amazing burgers, that I don't think I'll ever have the courage to make (unless I win a cattle ranch someday.)

You're a wild-man!

Great lookin' burgers!!
I have a few harmonicas too. :-D

Ribeye is my favorite steak cut. Soon to be my favorite burger I imagine.

I believe that to be illegal in all 50 states; IA investigation pending.

I bet those were some amazing burgers, that I don't think I'll ever have the courage to make (unless I win a cattle ranch someday.)

You're a wild-man!

Most meat departments have a "manager's special" area with meat that is a day away from its pull date. There is almost always some ribeye steak, usually steaks that were cut too thin, so nobody wanted them. You can get it for a song. That's good grinding beef.

CD

that's obscene!
.. and i see you like torturing people posting those pics, you should be reported!

I sliced up ribeye for beef and broccoli stir fry one time. It was amazing, probably the best stir fry I've ever made and possibly the best beef and broccoli I've ever had. Is that enough to get me in the Ribeye Murderer Club? If not, would me telling you it was a two inch thick hunk off the end of a whole ribeye the rest of which made some of the best steaks I've ever grilled do it?

Yep! You're in.:thumb:

I thought you were going to confess to something REALLY horrible... Like boiling a prime rib. Nonetheless, I must confiscate your burger to check it for additives.

I grind all of our ground beef.
Primarily 80/20 (ish) Brisket, but also Rib Eye for "steak burgers". :grin:
I do not use aged choice or better steaks though. :oops:
I use the "no roll" el-cheapo Rib Eye roasts that cost about $3.50/lb and seem to be about 85/15 or 90/10 (ish).

I bet the ones you did were GOOD EATS!!!!!

TIM

Back