MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
kennyd0118
Full Fledged Farker

Default Lobster on the Webber Genesis (pr0n)

Fired up the gasser tonight.
Grilled five lobsters. They are incredibly cheap right now.
The lobsterman are are refusing to go out because they are catching too many. We decided to do our part increasing demand.

-Kenny
kennyd0118 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
QDoc
is one Smokin' Farker

I helped increase demand myself over the 4 July week in Freeport, Me and near Rockland, Me. Had a wonderful vacation.
QDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
BobM
Babbling Farker

Nice. I haven't had a lobster for a while, gotta get some.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Homebrewed Q
Take a breath!

mmmmmmm.............Lobster........

Old 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

When my mom was a little girl, they had very little money for niceties like lobster BUT one day my grandpa decided to surprise the family with a once-in-a-lifetime treat; live LOBSTER! Needless to say, grandma had NO idea how to cook these handsome devils, but grandpa remembered the seafood vendor saying they were delicious simply boiled and served with drawn butter. SO, long story short, grandma dropped the live lobsters into the pot of water, put it on the stove, and watched in horror as they jockeyed for top position and tried to climb out of the pot until they finally gave in to the increasingly hot water and succumbed to their fate! My mom was a little girl with a keen memory who couldn't eat lobster for years after! Note to Clark: If you repeat this story to anyone in P-Ville and grandma finds out I posted it on the World Wide Web, I will probably be dis-inherited .

Old 07-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Big Bears BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Nice tails ................
Big Bears BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
NorCalQue
On the road to being a farker

Oh!!!! I love sea-rat. Maybe the "lobster-men" could bring a load via Panama to the left coast so we could get a sample.
NorCalQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #8
pkuiper
Got Wood.

Lobster is awesome, I really like it! Looks very good!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
kennyd0118
Full Fledged Farker

I'm told it was good. I'm not a huge lobster fan. Give me a nice steak or a hunk of pig anyday.
My girlfriend and son love lobster so I cook it for them.
Kenny

Old 07-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
kennyd0118
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
When my mom was a little girl, they had very little money for niceties like lobster BUT one day my grandpa decided to surprise the family with a once-in-a-lifetime treat; live LOBSTER! Needless to say, grandma had NO idea how to cook these handsome devils, but grandpa remembered the seafood vendor saying they were delicious simply boiled and served with drawn butter. SO, long story short, grandma dropped the live lobsters into the pot of water, put it on the stove, and watched in horror as they jockeyed for top position and tried to climb out of the pot until they finally gave in to the increasingly hot water and succumbed to their fate! My mom was a little girl with a keen memory who couldn't eat lobster for years after! Note to Clark: If you repeat this story to anyone in P-Ville and grandma finds out I posted it on the World Wide Web, I will probably be dis-inherited .
Lots of ways to dispatch a lobster. The boiling water is fine but make sure it is boiling and drop them in head first then toss on the lid. You may hear them clunking around a bit but it's just the nervous system. They are very dead. To avoid the clunking, put them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. This numbs them down. There are a ton of videos that show how to pith the lobster with knife. This is what I did with these.
Now go support our lobster men!
Kenny

Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
BigBlock
is one Smokin' Farker

very nice
BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
MisterChrister
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd0118 View Post
Lots of ways to dispatch a lobster. The boiling water is fine but make sure it is boiling and drop them in head first then toss on the lid. You may hear them clunking around a bit but it's just the nervous system. They are very dead. To avoid the clunking, put them in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. This numbs them down. There are a ton of videos that show how to pith the lobster with knife. This is what I did with these.
Kenny
Yeah I know better (granny didn't), it's just a funny story that grandma wishes would go away!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
Hunterman95
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd0118 View Post
Kenny
Having grown up in New England, I know a technique for putting lobsters to sleep before they hit the Jacuzzi. Just stand them on their head, with their claws supporting them, and rub the top of their tail repeatedly (as if petting a dog) for about a minute. Let go and they'll remain standing on their heads and be sound asleep .

When you're ready, just pick them up & drop them in. By the time they realize it's not just a bad dream, it will be too late!

Don't know if it's more humane, but it makes for a heck of a show!

Old 07-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

I am so jealous! These are the only lobsters we have in Missouri.

They look delicious!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Hotrodhog
Full Fledged Farker

Wicked Awesome!
Hotrodhog is offline   Reply With Quote