THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soulcoffr

Got Wood.
Well, I tried my first overnight smoke last night with two 7.5 pound butts from Sam's. I thought I had the UDS dialed in, but I forgot to set an alarm for midnight and I slept through until morning.

So 6:30am rolls around and I go out to check on the pork. Found the smoker chugging along at 350* and the internal temp was 210. The bones slid right out so I pulled them off. Let them cool a bit and the shredded them so they'd stop cooking.

Result: Still delicious and a good smoke ring. Fat cap peeled off in one piece. :). I love the uds. A very forgiving smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using My Fingers.

It helped that I didn't get the butts on until almost 10pm. So they only were on there about 8 hours, but I was figuring on a 14 hour or so cook. I guess high and fast works. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using My Fingers.

I have did my last 24 butts and 3 briskets H&F and I will not look back. I love the way they turn out. Next is a turkey breast. I have not built a UDS yet but plan to. Glad everything worked out for you.

Back