First week of Vision cooks

deathamphetamine

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have been having a blast this week learning this thing. Here are some of the things that went down.

IMG_0280-1.jpg

First and foremost I did ribeye's, reverse seared... they were fantastic.
IMG282.jpg

Then I did some chicken legs and breasts, legs came out great, moist and tender with crispy skin, breasts were a little dry,..
IMG_0290-1.jpg

Then I tried a pizza and some wings, wings came out good, Pizza would have been good but unfortunately I neglected to check it on time and burn't the crust...:sad: it was still good...
IMGP0140.jpg

IMGP0138.jpg

IMGP0142.jpg

And today for lunch I did boerewors sausage, Never had this before but I will again it is super good, careful when you cook it though.

IMGP0137.jpg

IMGP0144.jpg

IMGP0145.jpg

IMGP0148.jpg

And some grilled pineapple, sugar and cinnamon for dessert.
IMGP0153.jpg

I did some burgers to but didn't get pics. Anyway thanks for looking, there will be more coming!

It all looks sooooo nice!! :hungry:

That boerewors looks interesting, the local shops have it here, might have to give it a try.

That's a nice size cooker, thick ceramic too. What's the top damper made of, steel? Is there a bottom damper? Time to try a low and slow and see how it does.

thanks everyone,I still have a lot of tweaking to do but all in all I would take 2 more of these if I could. I"ll do a low and slow soon, after a short vacation

You definitely need more practice - I'll be right over to eat, er, help. :hungry:

Back