Need advice on possible purchase

peaspurple

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying this trailer to do our annual labor day pig on, and a few other get togethers thru the year. It has a little surface rust but I would sand that down and apply a fresh coat of paint. The lights work and the tires are good. I'm buying it for $200. Just a little nervous about the size. The cooking area is about 2.5 x 4.5 ft. Give are take. Do you guys think it is worth the $200 bills? The grill lids are not attached in the pics but I am told they attach easily.

Thanks
View attachment 65908
View attachment 65909
View attachment 65910

Last edited:
Two bills ain't bad for that. Plenty big for a whole hog. Shouldn't take a lot to get her in top shape. "Lipstick & Rouge"

What kind of axle does it have, is it strait? Do all the Welds look solid including the Tongue? Looks like the tires have been sitting, may need new ones. All in All $200.00 is not to bad if solid.

Can it be licensed and does it have a CLEAR title?

200 bucks if its not up to par you will get that much for scarp go for it

I think it looks worth 200. Some TLC and your rolling. The bank my wife works for has one that looks just like that and we do a pig on it every year, dog and burgers a couple of other times. It works well.

200 is a good deal should be able to do a 100 to 120 lb hog butterflied with the feet and head off good luck

Thanks guys. I'm gonna go and get it Saturday morning. I can't pass it up for that price. I'll take and post pics tomorrow.

Use a wire wheel like this, repaint then keep the sucker well oiled

brasscoatedcupbrush.jpg

You will thank me

Thanks Pitmaster T. Will do.

I thought of you twice today. Once when I heard Prince and Maceo play "Pass the Peas" and the second when I was at Frouhberg's Vegetable Market I saw some fresh shelled purple hull peas.

I thought of you twice today. Once when I heard Prince and Maceo play "Pass the Peas" and the second when I was at Frouhberg's Vegetable Market I saw some fresh shelled purple hull peas.

That's great. Peaspurple is an inside joke with me and my lovely wife. Didn't get the grill today the guy had to take his wife to the hospital, but he u gonna deliver it tomorrow.

Can't wait

I doubt it will weigh a ton which is what scrap goes for here, but two bills will still be good buy for someone. Steve.

I've been looking for something like that down here in Bama for large fajita cooks. Great score, I would've been all over that with a quickness!

That's a sweet rig. What a deal you got. Can you tell who mfd. it and where? Enjoy.

Dang, why cant i find deals like that in Maryland! I search CL every day! Nice find! Ill give ya $225 for it.

Back