Is this essentially a giant Santa Maria grill?

cbpeck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
http://kpr.craigslist.org/for/3016194240.html

Is this essentially an extra large trailered Santa Maria grill?

I believe it was owned & used by a local Mexican restaurant to make carne asada.

I'd love to have a Santa Maria style grill, but there's no way I'm going to get something this big.

Hard to tell with the roof down like that. It does look like a normal Santa Maria grill build, placed on a trailer, they are all over the place out here and in the central coast area.

Looks like the two sides fold out and up to form a sun/rain block for the cooking area. For $900, it may be a really good deal.

Short rant, why are all the photos on CL so poor? It's almost like the sellers don't really want you to see their product.

I don't know but it looks like something I'd sure like to have if I could figure out a way to not have to sleep in it.

If I lived nearby, I would just have to go check it out. Then my neighbor, John Yee would buy it..... :)

Hey now, I'm trying to reduce the number of cookers I have and I don't think my wife would appreciate me showing up with a trailered cooker. Admittedly, I wouldn't mind a Santa Maria grill but not one that big.

It does look like it could be a Santa Maria grill but (as pointed out by others), having it all closed up like that kind of makes it hard to tell.

Back