• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Made In New Jersey BBQ cook off?

Me too... I live 20 mins north of the meadowlands. I work about 10 minutes from the stadium, never heard of it.

I just e-mailed for more information.. looks like its shake and bake baby..

About a half hour ride for me. Might just check it out.

spoke to Rachel today, it is geared more towards vendors/ restaurant. There is no cash prize just bragging rights and some hardware.

Sledneck, must have told a fib, it seems they are only allowing NJ teams.

no entry fee, 20% of gross from vending goes to the house.

spoke to Rachel today, it is geared more towards vendors/ restaurant. There is no cash prize just bragging rights and some hardware.

Kind of a shame it's not a "real" BBQ event. North Jersey needs a "real" competition.

BTW. Thanks for looking into it.

I am from nj that day I'm competing as "jacked up" I have Tshirt that says so:biggrin1:

Kind of a shame it's not a "real" BBQ event. North Jersey needs a "real" competition.

BTW. Thanks for looking into it.

Agreed, we do need a sanctioned NNJ comp
On a side note, We are organizing a 1-day rib cook off for 8/5 it will be at the American Legion in Cresskill. Not sanctioned, however if the Legion is happy with how it goes, we will most likely develop it into a full KCBS for next year.

Dreed, can you send me the info about the 1 day rib cookoff? I'm looking for more non-sanctioned comps like I did last year.

Thanks!

New jersey contest Wildwood 7-13 to 7-15. Mount Holly 9-8 to 9-9. Seaside Heights 9-22 to 9-23.

Back