Chesapeake Jubilee 5/19- Who's goin?

va92bronco

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just seeing who might be going to this one in Chesapeake, Va. I can't see a list of competitors anywhere on the website. We are going to it as our second comp. Should be a fun one. Fireworks are suppose to be awesome.

Last edited:
will be our second year there...great contest!

Hope to met you there. Anybody know about how many teams they usually have at this event? As I said before, they don't have much info on their site, and haven't gotten any info about the comp yet.

Serial Griller is in. Great contest...The fireworks are great!
I hear around 40+ teams this year.
I also hear no power or water :(

Serial Griller is in. Great contest...The fireworks are great!
I hear around 40+ teams this year.
I also hear no power or water :(

Good meeting you guys at BBQJamboree. I heard power but no water. No power would make overnight very interesting.

"Electricity will be provided: Shared 20 amp circuits: no charge Additional amp: 30 to 40 amp service at $50 each 50 to 60 amp service at $75 each
Have proper adapters and be prepared to run heavy gauge power cords to run at least 100’. Water: Water stations will be available."
from their web site

Hambones by the Fire is in. H2O and elec are normally not so great and they have extra challenges this year with all the work going on at the park. Good news is this should make it better for future events. Skip Brady is very focused on the teams and I am sure doing all he can for us this year. Come with plenty of power cord, maybe a bucket or two and a good attitude. Hope to hear more on logistics soon.

Now if I can figure out how to get the judges to like my food!

Talked with Skip yesterday and it looks like no power at all. They will be water stations or "water buffalos" around the site. He said most teams are bringing generators. There are 23 teams signed up for this year. Anything Butt is up in the air since only a few teams had signed up for it.

They are also giving teams alittle more room for porta johns(which is why we talked to him) and generators. Think he said 5 or 10 feet.

I have been assured by the event director that there will be 25 teams to preserve the eligibility for being a Jack Daniels qualifier. Waiting to get team list.

Well with no power I was thinking about bringing my generator, but it is way overkill and too heavy and loud. Only power I need is for a few lights. Also have small radio and fan, but they are luxuries and not necessities.

Thinking about getting a inverter to run the lights when I need them. I have a deep cycle battery and a spare cranking battery I can bring. Might be enough to run the lights overnight if I only turn them on when I need them.

Atleast until I win the lottery and get a nice Honda generator:loco:

Well with no power I was thinking about bringing my generator, but it is way overkill and too heavy and loud. Only power I need is for a few lights. Also have small radio and fan, but they are luxuries and not necessities.

Thinking about getting a inverter to run the lights when I need them. I have a deep cycle battery and a spare cranking battery I can bring. Might be enough to run the lights overnight if I only turn them on when I need them.

Atleast until I win the lottery and get a nice Honda generator:loco:

When you win said lottery can you spare an extra honda for me :grin:

When you win said lottery can you spare an extra honda for me :grin:

Only if you promise not to use it when we are at the same comp. You did too well at BBQjamboree. Maybe without the genset I can level the playing field.:icon_smil

• Thanks
Reactions: MAP
Back