THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "SPECIAL - Kentucky Derby Food" Thro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Derby Food"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 5/13.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]BigBlock[/size]
2036613_BigBlock.png

[size=+2]tarhog[/size]
2041819_tarhog.jpg

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
2042686_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
2043585_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
2043606_Al_Czervik.jpg

For the next two weekends, we wil be observing the Kentucky Derby with...

Since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

Since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/27 through Sunday 5/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 5/7.

Oh, and since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

:doh: Fark I thought I had another week for this one, I had the perfect dish fall into my inbox. I could have been a contender. :Cry: I mean really when does a special TD only last 1 week? Fark the next Kentucky Derby isn't even until next year and the TD is already over. :drama: Oh well at least every one knew it was a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category. Now, decisions decisions.....

I'm going to have to go with Mr. Byte's plate number one. That combo of pork chop, fruit, bacon/pepper goodness and spud salad are fit for The King; even if he did pull the lever to fark it all up. :mrgreen:

:doh: Fark I thought I had another week for this one, I had the perfect dish fall into my inbox. I could have been a contender. :Cry: I mean really when does a special TD only last 1 week? Fark the next Kentucky Derby isn't even until next year and the TD is already over. :drama: Oh well at least every one knew it was a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category. Now, decisions decisions.....

I hear ya bro. I had the ingredients for my hot brown lined up too. I mean how the fark can you have a Kentucky Derby TD and no one entered a hot brown. :crazy:

Too little time. It's all bigabyte's fault, he makes it virtually impossible for me to be fashionable late for anything and I see no box to check about filing for and extension. Since I had kids I've never been on time to anything, which is never my fault of course. :-D

I can't see the vote tally since I'm on tap a talk, but it sounds like the SPAMFish are getting lots of votes today!

Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2

This was a very difficult decision - despite the fact that Bigabyte's dish is quintessential Derby food through and through, I just had to go with Al's this time. Mint Juleps always win over tilapia.

There.

I feel better now! :becky:

Before I vote, is there sugar in that cornbread?

:mmph: :wink: I'm somewhat offended you would even ask such a question... If you must know, here is what went into it:

2 cups yellow corn mix, couple tbs bacon grease, two large eggs and 1 3/4 cup butter milk, a healthy dose of red pepper flakes, fire roasted green chilis, and a little sharp cheddar. :mrgreen:

:mmph: :wink: I'm somewhat offended you would even ask such a question... If you must know, here is what went into it:

2 cups yellow corn mix, couple tbs bacon grease, two large eggs and 1 3/4 cup butter milk, a healthy dose of red pepper flakes, fire roasted green chilis, and a little sharp cheddar. :mrgreen:

Had to ask. You ARE left coast after all...

Sorry SPAMfish.

Back