Brand of Plastic Wrap for Holding Brisket

Greg60525

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a brand of plastic wrap for holding brisket once it comes off the smoker. Preferably, a brand that I can get at Sam's or Restaurant Depot, but not necessary. I will be holding in a preheated cooler at ~ 200°F or so.

Sam's has Baker's Chef Food Service Film, but I cannot find a temperature rating on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

I dont do it that way but if I remember right the B and C was one that was used.

Thanks for the comments. I've been using foil, too, but thought I'd give the film a shot to see if its any better at retaining moisture. It's not that my brisket is that dry, but I think it can be more juicy and limp.........limp........is that even a criteria for brisket?

Thanks,

Can't recommend a plastic film as I've never used it, but lots of folks use butcher paper. Franklin BBQ uses it and they've won all sorts of awards for their brisket.

I'm looking for a brand of plastic wrap for holding brisket once it comes off the smoker. Preferably, a brand that I can get at Sam's or Restaurant Depot, but not necessary. I will be holding in a preheated cooler at ~ 200°F or so.

Sam's has Baker's Chef Food Service Film, but I cannot find a temperature rating on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Turkey bags will work you wont be able to wrap them like plastic wrap but you can use a twisty tie to close it off well. You might still have bark after, you just never know:thumb:

Back