Spareribs with Pumpkin Pie Spice Rub

dadsr4

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Someone posted asking about how to smoke full spares and I had some to cook, so I decided to post my cook.
Rubbed-1.jpg

I rubbed with olive oil and a mixture of 1 TBS Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1/2 TBS Kosher
salt, and 1/4 Cup Brown sugar.
Setup.jpg

I decided to try lump for the first time but lit it with charcoal (comfort mode)
Meat on
Meaton.jpg

Photo of my 12 inch long turkey thermometer clipped to the vent. Closed two of the bottom vents, left the one upwind just cracked open. For those into old Webers, this is a A model and has had a hard life.
Therm.jpg

After 4 hours, I checked on the ribs, they looked dry, so I rubbed them with a stick of margarine.
Dry.jpg

I pulled them at the 5 hour mark, covered with foil, and wrapped them in several towels for 30 + minutes.
I have no finished pictures, because our Lhasa Apso saw a coyote and I had to go catch him.
The taste of the rub was very good, I will do this rub again.
I made some of deguerre's slaw and some rice to go with the ribs.

Fine lookin' ribs right there. I like that spice idea.

Dang Coyotes!

Pumpkin pie spice sounds good. Mind sharing where you found it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Pumpkin pie spice sounds good. Mind sharing where you found it?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I just used MC Cormicks from the grocery store, but Google "Pumpkin pie spice recipe" and you will find how to make it.

Since that sounds interesting and some spices I've never used on ribs before. I got 2 racks to cook tommorow and one will be done with pumpkin pie spice.

I would have never been brave enough to try pumpkin spice. :thumb:

Since that sounds interesting and some spices I've never used on ribs before. I got 2 racks to cook tommorow and one will be done with pumpkin pie spice.

Use the brown sugar and the salt. I was quite surprised how understated the spices expressed themselves.

I would have never been brave enough to try pumpkin spice. :thumb:

I use it in all sorts of things I cook-pancakes, waffles, all sorts of baked goods. It"s a flavor most people enjoy,

This is funny. I had meant to use Apple Pie Spice, but I grabbed the wrong bottle. My reason for posting was because someone had been asking about cooking whole spares. After eating the leftover ribs last night, I will definitely be using this rub again.

Use the brown sugar and the salt. I was quite surprised how understated the spices expressed themselves.

I did one slab with my normal rub that I've used for 5 years and one with the pps. I can definetly taste the pps and I like it a lot. Next time I will add the pps to my normal rub and give it a whirl. I would post some pics but my ribs were ends and trimmings and they would look bad next to your beautiful ribs.

I did one slab with my normal rub that I've used for 5 years and one with the pps. I can definetly taste the pps and I like it a lot. Next time I will add the pps to my normal rub and give it a whirl. I would post some pics but my ribs were ends and trimmings and they would look bad next to your beautiful ribs.

I am flattered that anyone would even try this rub. I only included the mix to be through.

Seriously I'm going to experiment some more with it. My wife hasn't had any of them yet. I'm happy with them but she has to eat my cooking also.

Seriously I'm going to experiment some more with it. My wife hasn't had any of them yet. I'm happy with them but she has to eat my cooking also.
I was surprised how little the spices came through. It's there, but i had to look for it. I would love to hear others opinions, because I'm kind of scared of how much I liked it. Spookie!

Back