Contest Announcment Birch Run's Blues,Brews and BBQ (Michigan)

Spydermike72

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The Birch Run Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce Birch Run’s Blues,Brews,and BBQ on August 17th and 18th 2012 at the Birch Run Expo Center in Birch Run Michigan. This promises to be a fun filled weekend with 6 live Blues Bands, plenty of Ice Cold Beer and a KCBS sanctioned BBQ event!!

There will also be other events as well,the Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall will be on-site, as well as a Mom2Mom sale Saturday morning inside the Expo Center.

Total Prize pool for the BBQ Contest is $10K!!

Team and Judge Applications can be found at www.glbbqa.com (we are hosting the apps until their new website is finished).

Come on out and join us!! :thumb:

Going to be fun time. I will probably get there Wed or Thur so the wife has plenty of time to get her fill of the outlet malls.

Kinda east, birch run is a nice area, grew up 15 minutes from there. Never heard of a bbq comp going on though...

East side of the state. 1 Block from I-75. And about 7 miles from my house. Got to love that and the Michigan Eastside Judges.

They still have the Italian restaraunt in Frankenmuth ? Man that was a meal ! We were out at Birch Run for a fishing show and went to that place with the Educated Angler group .I think every one ordered something different and passed the plates around. WHEW .

Scottie you should take the girls and get them over to Frankenmuth for a town tour.Its a Christmas Town!

They still have the Italian restaraunt in Frankenmuth ? Man that was a meal ! We were out at Birch Run for a fishing show and went to that place with the Educated Angler group .I think every one ordered something different and passed the plates around. WHEW .

Scottie you should take the girls and get them over to Frankenmuth for a town tour.Its a Christmas Town!
Davinci Italian Reatarant north of town. Bronners Christmas Wonderland is a place to see and Zehnders World Famous Chicken Dinner is a good place to eat.

Just wanted to update this thread with the latest information. Team/Judging apps can be found at: www.birchrunchamber.com

The Goodie bags (for both Judges and Cook Teams) will contain over $100.00 worth of gift cards/coupons to many of the stores in the Outlet Mall as well as some other stores (Meijers). I understand that you may not be able to use it the weekend of the event but they will be good for future use as well.

In reality your entry fee is only around $150.00 for a $10.000.00 prize pool!!!

Each team will also be given free entry into the entertainment tent each night. I cannot swing free beer (there is actually a law against that or something) but I can get you into the tent to hear some great Blue's music. Most of the Bands are Nationally known and have received numerous Blue's awards.

So here is an itemized list of things going on or things each team will receive:

A goodie bag with over $100.00 worth of gift cards to National Stores
Reduced rate at area Hotels
The Michigan Vietnam War Memorial Moving wall will be on-site
Funtastic Inflatables will be on-site for the kids
Mom 2 Mom sale on Saturday Morning inside the Birch Run Expo center
Free entry into the Entertainment Tent - Live Blues and cold beer!!
We have some really unique food vendors that will be on-site
The KCBS Great American BBQ Tour!!
Oh and did I mention a $10,000.00 prize pool!!

Just wanted to bump this again. This is really going to be a cooker friendly contest and a great time. Something for the whole family to do all weekend!!

Mike, how many teams are they up to now? I know we haven't submitted yet but intend to get that in this week.

Qn Canucks will be there...just mailed off our entry form and payment.....lookin forward to it, and thanks for the tips on some places to hit while we are there....Cheers

Qn Canucks will be there...just mailed off our entry form and payment.....lookin forward to it, and thanks for the tips on some places to hit while we are there....Cheers

Anytime Daryl, travel safe and it will be good to see you and your crew again!!

Great American Tour will be there? Mmmm. Potato salad...

Will have to get the boys together to go to Tiffany's for pizza on friday night in Frankenmuth.:blabla:

Back