Transporting ribs

eggzlot

Take a breath!
Reaction score
All -

Cooking 9 racks of ribs and then taking to a family member's house for dinner, about a 30 minute drive.

When the ribs are done, I figured just wrap individually in foil, and throw into a cooler or maybe put into aluminum pans and drive them over?

I do not want them to turn into mush - would they still cook a bit after wrapping them hot in the foil? Should I slightly under cook them assuming they'll continue to cook while wrapped in the foil for about 30 mins?

thanks in advance

tough one. Cooler and foil would lead to continued cooking, why not cook till almost done, throw in a loosely covered pan and quick reheat and sauce when you get there

Turn them so they're sitting on their side and leave a small hole open in the corner of the foil when you cover the pan. You should be fine if you take them out shortly after you get there and prep them for serving.

I'd probably just throw em in a hotel pan, foil the whole thing nice and tight, put that in a cooler and roll! Hot off the smoker, they'll not cool off much in 30 minutes I don't think.

Definitely slice after you arrive!

Back