MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
MoKanMeathead
is One Chatty Farker

Default Beef Recipes

Doin a contest in a couple of weeks where one of the categories is "any part of the cow". I imagine most teams will be doin prime rib, fillets, etc. trying to impress the judges. Not us.

Looking for a good recipe for beef tongue! Anyone have one? Might even throw in a couple of beef nads with it. Make a good presentation. Ok moderator you may have to move this one - sorry.
MoKanMeathead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
qman
Babbling Farker

Default RE: Beef Recipes

My favorite is curing the beef tongue in a pastrami cure-then smoking it. Low and slow, like a brisket. If you foil your brisket, then I would say do the same. Oh, and make a rub out of the pastrimi spices, and use it when the tongue comes out of the cure.
Can not help you on the nads, I have eaten them fried, but never cooked them myself.

qman

Old 08-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default RE: Beef Recipes

Smoked tongue?? I used to have it when I was a kid - boiled and I liked it. Smoked? Wow. Finding someone else in my house that would help me eat it might be a chore though!

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
qman
Babbling Farker

Default Re: RE: Beef Recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae
Smoked tongue?? I used to have it when I was a kid - boiled and I liked it. Smoked? Wow. Finding someone else in my house that would help me eat it might be a chore though!
Don't worry--if you can't find help eating it, just makes more for you. great snack, for lunches etc. :D

qman
qman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
BrooklynQ
Banned

Default RE: Re: RE: Beef Recipes

We used to eat boiled tognue too. But I think it was smoked first - or at least cured. Good stuff
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Glad I'm not judging that one. I guess you have to assume that you won't win that catagory.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #7
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

We are planning a tongue soon. We plan on boiling, then peeling the skin and smoking. Double cook mod badge.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote