U.D. Pizza oven done

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well I finished it! Took JayGees advise and painted it like a brick oven also took ThatsWhatSheSaid bbqs advise and made it so I could turn the pizza. I found a round ring and cut the firebrick to fit,welded on some sheet steel and added a couple bearings wish it was motorized but heck I ain't got skills for that. Managed to peg the thermometer at over 550 degrees so I have no idea what temp it was cooking at. Threw on a store bought pizza to try it out after I seasoned it. Also had a leak in the bottom you can see where the cooking spray leaked out
156.jpg

159.jpg

158.jpg

This is awesome. Any idea how hot this gets? I think I have everything I need to make something like this, though I was thinking of making the little black egg mod. Hmmmm, anymore build pics? Awesome work!

Damn sexy!!! And one cool idea!!!

Look nice Skidder. Nice work.

I have a suggestion on the motorized turntable. Find an old rotisierre motor and mount it under the turntable. Cut down a rotisierre shaft to fit in your plate. I figure from your pics, that wouldn't be too difficult of a mod.

Sorry it ain't bbq but it is a drum (or was a drum) and it runs on charcoal and wood.

It turned out great! I love the "brick" paint job and the turnable pizza mod. Love a guy with imagination!! :wink:

How long did it take to cook the pizza? What brand and type of pizza? Cool design, did you put any wood in the fire box to give it that wood fire taste.

Nice, I just got some fire brick myself and gonna try and play around with them on my grill.

Do you happen to have a build thread?

You realize that now you've got this awesome pizza cooker, you're gonna have to quit getting that store bought chit, and start doing your own home made pizza, right? :becky:

Back