Your help needed to preserve Throwdown sanctity

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Greetings Brethren, we haven't had a call for help in a while. This week's topic is "Something Fishy" and there is something suspicious about all but one of the entries. It seems that someone submitted a Spam fish that may actually be a bathtub toy and someone else actually submitted an avocado. :crazy: We need your help to sort through this mess and determine a winner. You all know the drill. Vote for what you think should win -- your own criteria, nobody else's ... and if you aren't a true fish lover, then I will understand. :laugh:

Bigabyte's poll can be found here and you can check out the entries below.

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 3/18.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1966100_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1966431_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Chef Jim[/size]
1969301_Chef_Jim.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
1974745_Chef_Jim.jpg

[size=+2]BigBlock[/size]
1976220_BigBlock.jpg

[size=+2]Gadragonfly[/size]
1976581_Gadragonfly.jpg

[size=+2]Will work for bbq[/size]
1976742_Will_work_for_bbq.jpg

[size=+2]DaveMW[/size]
1976787_DaveMW.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1976887_ecode.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh, so that's how you want to play.

Quote: "You all know the drill. Vote for what you think should win -- your own criteria, nobody else's," unquote.

In other words, "Who says you have to actually enter fish in a fish throwdown." Don't like fish, vote for spare ribs with a breakfast sausage head.

For shame, for shame. :tsk:

If we can't believe in the BBQ Brethren throwdowns, what can we believe in? I fear for our nation. :drama:

CD

BTW, that red snapper and dirty rice with the crab sauce looks pretty farking awsome. :clap2:

CD :becky:

Oh, so that's how you want to play.

Quote: "You all know the drill. Vote for what you think should win -- your own criteria, nobody else's," unquote.

In other words, "Who says you have to actually enter fish in a fish throwdown." Don't like fish, vote for spare ribs with a breakfast sausage head.

For shame, for shame. :tsk:

If we can't believe in the BBQ Brethren throwdowns, what can we believe in? I fear for our nation. :drama:

CD

I look at these entries and all but two of them could be anything. The first one obviously is a fish (although there is reason to suspect that it is a bathtub toy stolen from the cook's daughter). And the second one most definitely is a fish. Ask anyone from the age of two on up and it is recognizable as a fish. The others, I have my doubts, but I am not trained as an arteest, however. I look at yours and I do not think fish:

1974745_Chef_Jim.jpg

The only thing recognizable in that piece is some rice. It could be anything. I should note the resemblance it bears to another unrecognizable piece of modern art that is supposedly tropical fish: :crazy:

abstract_tropical_fish_II_LRG.jpg

Yeah, really? Fish? Totally inaccessible, ... although it might look nice in my basement. :rolleyes:

The point is that we are looking at art, refined over the centuries and accessible to everyone. Note the resemblance of this fine piece here

B1577.jpg

to this other fine work here:

1966431_Gore.jpg

Now that's a classic! :thumb:

I can see there has been some miscommunication. Yes, it may look like a fish, but I still have my suspicions.

dory.jpg

someone else actually submitted an avocado. :crazy:

That is the most insensitive thing I've ever heard, FYI smarty pants Avocados are fish too. They are very rare and with so much plankton eating them, I'm sure they will show up on the endangered species list soon. I caught this one last summer and had it mounted because it was the biggest one I've ever seen.

new-bt4-avocado-glow.jpg

That is the most insensitive thing I've ever heard, FYI smarty pants Avocados are fish too. They are very rare and with so much plankton eating them, I'm sure they will show up on the endangered species list soon. I caught this one last summer and had it mounted because it was the biggest one I've ever seen.

new-bt4-avocado-glow.jpg

I had it narrowed down to four and now you tell me that. :mad2:

Now I've got to start all over again.

This poll is on all day, and I'm beginning to make my move.

Looks like Bigabyte is beginning to make mis move. The big question is whether he started soon enough.

Wow this one is going to be a sprint to the finish.

You never know thought the bathtub toy may just appeal to the soccer moms who haven't cast a ballot yet.

:pop2:

Avocado? That's some kind of California thing where they have cement ponds and movie stars, isn't it? Doesn't the state of California know that avocados cause cancer? What the bloody hellfire is going on with the TDs nowadays?

Avocado? That's some kind of California thing where they have cement ponds and movie stars, isn't it? Doesn't the state of California know that avocados cause cancer? What the bloody hellfire is going on with the TDs nowadays?

Preach it Brother!!!

Avocados must be eliminated!

I think everything is known to the state of California to cause cancer. :tsk:

Back