• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How to make beans?

DevineSwine

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello fellow brethren I need some assistence with beans I've never cook them. I don't jave a recipe. Would anyone be of assistence I ill be cooking them on my uds with a brisket Sun thanks in advance.

In my thread, "Pulled Beef Sammiches", I also cooked some beans to go with it. The day before, I bought 4 hocks, seasoned them with light salt and pepper and smoked em for about 2 hours at 300. I also threw some hickory wood chips in for the smoke. Then I put them in with 3 cans of Bush's Baked Beans. I added a can of green chilies, wrapped em in foil, and put in the oven at 325 for 2 hours covered, and about an hour uncovered. They turned out pretty tasty! That was my first time with beans as well!

PatioDaddio's Baked Beans for a Crowd are really good too... I have tried them as well. They are a little less complicated to make than the Wampus recipe but they are still excellent.

buy some canned pork and beans. Throw in a tiny bit of mustard, some garlic powder, and some dark molasses. Simmer them but don't let it boil. Ready in about an hour.

Never posted this before. Here is my bean recipe that is really not mine since I stole it from somewhere and then modified a little. Folks here like it alright.

Start with one of the big ol cans of pork n beans. You know the big one!
Rinse beans in a colander.

Saute One med onion, 1 cup green pepper, 6 jalapeno peppers in bacon fat and add to beans.

Add 1 cup bbq sauce (your choice) and 1 cup of brown sugar.

Add 2 TBS of favorite rub, and a little yellow mustard.

I usually add about 2oz. of Jack Daniels

When available I mix in some brisket or pork leftovers.

Place in smoker uncovered for 2 1/2 hours.

Cookin006.jpg

Cookin012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The easy way buy some Bush bake beans and tweak them according to your taste

The easy way buy some Bush bake beans and tweak them according to your taste

I use Bush's plain old beans, drain off most of the canned sauce out, add enough BBQ sauce of your choice to keep them moist, add about 1/4 cup brown sugar, dry rub of your choice (about 2 tbsp.), plain yellow mustard (2 Tbsp.) and garlic powder (1 Tbsp.). Stir together, then add 2-3 Tbsp. of pan drippings from whatever you are smoking. Bake in oven, on smoker or on stovetop until done, usually an hour or less. If on the smoker, beans can go for 2-3 hrs. or more. Cover with foil if they begin to dry out.

If you don't have pan drippings, you can slice up 2-3 pieces of bacon and stir into beans.

Back