Supermarket BBQ Sauce

tdwalker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
When you reach for the BBQ at the supermarket, what do you choose?

KC Masterpiece?
Bullseye?
Sweet Baby Ray's?

I like all Sticky Fingers, especially the carolina sweet.

Bull'sEye
Sweet baby Rays
KC Masterpiece
in that order. Its a shame I cant get the large twin pack of Bull's Eye at Sam's.

I pretty much exclusively buy Brethren sauces and rubs. From Brethren businesses. They're SOOOOOOOOO much better and I don't mind shipping.

BBQ seasonings are strictly a personal taste thing.
No one can pick one for you or make any recommendation other than what they like.

Also, any sauce, no matter how highly recommended or how tasty it might be by itself, may not "work" with your other seasonings.

The good news is that supermarket sauces are cheap.

Just buy a couple and try them.
If you don't like one, pitch it. Very little $$ lost to try.

Keep it up till you find one or more than you like.

Good Eats.

TIM

SBR for me also like cattleman. But lately my niece have been supplying me with sauce, it just could be one of the better sauce I have ever ate

My favorite- Famous Dave's blue label sweet n sassy (and i add some spice or red pepper flakes).

Although stubbs is pretty good too. Cattleman isn't bad either.

I haven't really gotten into making my own or buying the fancy stuff.

Sweet baby ray's is all sweet and very little spice.

Last edited:
I just recently tried Sweet Baby Rays and I was very pleasantly surprised.

+1 on the Montgomery inn, best stuff available in the stores. Main ingredient is tomatoes not sugar, love the stuff.

Sweet Baby Rays Vidalia Onion.

Bob

Guy Fierri's Kansas City is very good, I haven't tried the others yet.
Sticky Fingers
SBR

Stubb's, doctored SBR Original. Usually make my own and tweak until it tastes good.

Being fairly new to the Brethren, I plan to try some brethren sauces soon as I know they are better than supermarket sauces. :mrgreen:

SBR but I'll add rub or something to get it where it needs to be.

I prefer Bullseye when buying in the grocery store. When visiting the BBQ store I like to pick up Butchers BBQ sauce.

I don't always buy supermarket sauce, but when I do, it's Dos Equis.... wait, that's not right. It's Cattlemens. And I only buy it when I incorporate it into something else.

Back