• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Review: Smoky Okie's Pure Pork Power Injection

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I took an 8 lb. Farmland natural bone in Butt and a 2+ lb hunk of Pork Cushion meat to get an idea how Smoky Okie's Pure Pork Power Injection is straight out of the bag mixed according to directions on the label.

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

I mixed the injection and let it sit in the refer overnight.

IMG_4831.jpg

I used the Cajun Injector with a needle ground to a sharp point shank for this demonstration.

IMG_4832.jpg

Injected, and liberally rubbed with Bigmista's Perfect Pork rub, left to marinate overnight in Pansaver bag.

IMG_4837.jpg

Saturday, set up the Large Big Green Egg with Wicked Good lump, Hickory for smoke, Guru assist for 350* Hot n' Fast cook.

Another liberal dusting of Bigmista's Perfect Pork rub!

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

Butt and Cushion foiled at 165*

IMG_4855.jpg

Pulled and coolered @200*

Cushy
IMG_4872.jpg

Cushy pulled
IMG_4873.jpg

Look at the color of the liquid in the foil!
IMG_4875.jpg

Pulled Butt
IMG_4876.jpg

I chose to inject some Pork Cushions, because we had been cooking a chit ton of them for our Butcher Shop gigs, and they turn out very dry flavorless.

The Pure Pork Power changed that! The cushion turned out very moist and flavorful and pulled like a dream.

I didn't mess around with the Money Muscle or cook for slices, I wanted this for pulled and the Butt turned out fantastic! Insanely moist and the combination of the rub was a hit!

Give it a try!

Yup thanks for taking the time to do a review. That's what makes this place great guys like you doing experiments and telling it like it is.

I'll second that review. I gave it a try and was not disappointed.

Good stuff.

Have some at home and need to play a little.

Thanks Tim.

Have some at home and need to play a little.

Thanks Tim.

You betcha. One thing I am sure of, even if you don't like the product, you will agree that as I said, the products are nothing like anything else out there.

But I bet you like them.

Back