New Smoker Has Arrived!

BBQ4FUN

Full Fledged Farker
1230 today this showed up out front of my house.....

IMG_0331.jpg

Thought I was being sneaky and snapped a pic of him unloading it. I got busted and felt like a dork. LOL

IMG_0332.jpg

Here she is....My new BW Competitor!! :clap2:

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Loaded up with KB to give it a good burnout.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

Took about 45 min to get to 150 so I thought I would go inside and eat supper. 20 min later it was at 400. :Cry: I closed down all vents, top included. Kept at 400-425 for the next 3 hours. Hmmmm. Guess I'll just let it burn until it goes out. Sure thought these things would be tight enough to snuff out the fire. The oil from the sheet metal (I'm assuming) smells like a$$.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

I will spray it down with some oil on Saturday and throw a few fatties in and see what happens. :confused:

Very nice! Use it in good health :-D

Was the Lab included? :p

That looks like a ton of fun! Enjoy and post the results often!

nice lookin rig man....I'm envious :mrgreen:

Like you, I'm very surprised that closing everything down didn't shut that sucker down within half an hour. Are you thinkin air is leaking from somewhere?

nice lookin rig man....I'm envious :mrgreen:

Like you, I'm very surprised that closing everything down didn't shut that sucker down within half an hour. Are you thinkin air is leaking from somewhere?

That is the first thing that comes to mind. It seems quite tight though. Maybe once it got out of control on the heat it just didn't want to quit. I really have no idea. Fire with no oxygen shouldn't burn.

Beautiful. Great pictures, thank you for sharing.

Can someone tell me the main benefits of a smoker such as this? Is it mainly capacity, or does it have unique cooking characteristics different from a UDS or WSM?

That's a nice 'un.
Did the charcoal continue burning, or does it just hold heat that well?

Back