Myron Mixon's Apple and Bacon stuffed Chicken

Cack

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My sister is coming over tonight with her husband and little girl, so my gf and I are fixing the chicken and twice baked potatoes.

Report will come later with full pron.

(I'll be posting updates during the cook if any of you are bored enough to follow the process. I'll be starting up in about an hour)

Apple and Bacon Stuffed Chicken sounds really good to me. I'd love to see the process pics! :thumb:

Just finished dinner and it was very delicious. The skin was a hair dry/tough but that's because I didn't spray with AJ the last 15 minute mark like I was suppose to.

Hope you got some shots of the prep and finished product! :tongue:

So I made Myron's Basic Chicken Rub

P1155174.JPG

Precooked the bacon and mixed it with diced Yellow Deliscious Apples

P1155175.JPG

I cut the top of the first piece, but the other 3 I did correctly and cut a pocket on the side of the fat side. I went about 3 inches or so deep, filled them up with the apple and bacon mix, and closed them with toothpicks

P1155177.JPG

It says to spray with AJ every 15. I sprayed the first and second round, but skipped the spray at 45 minutes (cook time was an hour). I thought they'd be ok, because every other time they looked very moist ... well ... yeah ... the skin came out a bit tough. The chicken was very moist on the inside, but the skin was tough in areas.

P1155178.JPG

Gf did her twice baked potatoes and we all chowed down. The chicken (minus the tough skin) was DELICIOUS

P1155180.JPG

Looks great! I just ordered his book today since I had some gift cards from Amazon. Looking forward to playing around with some new recipes.

Looks and sounds delicious! I'm going to try this. Thanks, Cack! :wink:

Back