MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
temptedfate
Got Wood.

Default Have Team Name...Now What???

Not sure if there has been a thread on this subject before if so sorry...

I am putting a team together and planning to compete in KCBS and NEBS comp this season and have come up with a team name that we all agree on now what do I need to do.

Do you need to register your team name with some Gov't body as not to infringe a copyrighted or trademarked team? Do you just register with KCBS and NEBS and if they dont have a name in there database all is good( I have searched all of the KCBS Team names and nothing even comes close...also did a google search and nothing pops up as it pertains to BBQ so I feel semi confident about not having a duplicate team out there)

Any advice is greatly welcome.
temptedfate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

If you are a kcbs member you can list your team name with them and they will not list another team with the same name. Does not stop someone from using the name, kcbs just will not list it twice. can't help with the other sanctioning body. good luck and have fun., keith

Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
sincitydisciple01
Full Fledged Farker

Our name ended up being used twice in the KCBS database. We were first and then another team signed up in California. Not a big deal. Traded emails with the guys and they seemed nice enough. KCBS is pretty clear that they don't settle disputes over names etc.
KCBS: 2010
CBJ: 2011
Damn near impossible to lose [COLOR=Lime]BRIGHT GREEN[/COLOR] superfast Thermapen
On Twitter @BigIronBBQ
sincitydisciple01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
TooSaucedToPork
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptedfate View Post
Not sure if there has been a thread on this subject before if so sorry...

I am putting a team together and planning to compete in KCBS and NEBS comp this season and have come up with a team name that we all agree on now what do I need to do.

Do you need to register your team name with some Gov't body as not to infringe a copyrighted or trademarked team? Do you just register with KCBS and NEBS and if they dont have a name in there database all is good( I have searched all of the KCBS Team names and nothing even comes close...also did a google search and nothing pops up as it pertains to BBQ so I feel semi confident about not having a duplicate team out there)

Any advice is greatly welcome.
Do a search here http://www.bbqteamnames.com/Teams_in...mes/search.asp
here
http://www.kcbs.us/teams.php
and see if your idea has been used.

Neil

Stumps OS223, Stumps GF223, Grilla Pellet Cooker, RectTec680, Traeger Tex, HM Offset Barrel, 18.5 and 22 inch WSM, UDS, Orion, 2 Weber Kettles...and a couple turkey fryers

"We're a drinking team...with a BBQ problem"

Want to join the team for Memphis in May?
[url]http://www.toosaucedtopork.com[/url]
TooSaucedToPork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

BBQ Bug .com also has a team results deal where you can see teams that have participated in KCBS contests. I have seen on other forumns our team name being used twice. So far it hasnt been an issue but I image some time maybe the Royal or such where it could be .
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote