NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I saw this on the Huffington Post today and thought it might be of interest:

http://www.cuisinetechnology.com/the-smoking-gun.php

slide_198518_492270_large.jpg

:tsk:

ok ok ok nevermind.

i originally thought this post was about the show on tru tv 'smoking gun presents the worlds dumbest..." ya i know. its a terrible show, but everytime i watch it in bed at night, my fiance makes me turn it off bc she cant sleep bc im laughing so hard.

I used to see a version of these at the "Head Shop" and some chef (who was probably using it for something other than food!) figured out he could use it to put smoke flavor into/onto food without actually smoking the food. They use it in fine dining a lot to put smoke under a lid so that when the lid is removed the diner gets an aroma of smoke before they eat the dish.

Thanks for the heads-up bro. You're a great cook, great @ photog, and we're lucky to have you here!

Now, I can sell all my smokers.

Don't do that Bro!

You're a pretty darn cook cook yerself, and another one who is a real asset here.

Don't mean to be too forward, maybe it's a Thanksgiving hangover I'm havin, where I'm stuck into looking at all the things I'm grateful for having around here.

Anywhoo, you too, are appreciated.

I've got one of those. Played with it a little when it was new but now it mainly sits on a shelf. Worked well for adding a quick dose of smoke to scallops but definitely overpowered popcorn. Still want to try it on chocolate or ice cream.

Ok--so I cook my bird , cover it with saran wrap , light up the pipe I smoke with cherry tob. , or bourbon , or whatever , and blow it under the wrap. Works for me. Sorry , but I can't imagine spending money on something like that.:icon_blush:

What about cold smoking. Maybe stick it in the smoker with some fish?

Looks like it might work. I wonder how long it runs with a load of woodchips?

Back