Moving to fast I think

DevineSwine

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Whats up fellas I decided to cook a brisket today hot and fast but i think its moving to fast. I put it on today at 10:00 with intentions of pulling it at about 5 but at this rate its gonna be done WAY to fast. Cook temp is 250-275 when i put it on IT was 38 its now 134 does this seem right or should i check my thermometers? its on a UDS with charcoal and wood.

Ya I would check you thermometers the one you use for checking internal, also check your smoker prob/thermo. Unless your uds is at 500 * your brisket shouldn't be reading 130* after a hour. It's not tell about 2 an half hours at 350* that the internal temp gets to 160* for wrapping.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Where is your thermometer probe for the drum temperature. If it is 2" from the side and shows 250-275. it is probably 300-350 in the center of the drum. This makes a big difference in the cook time of a brisket that is in the center of the grate. Not necessarily a bad thing though. Just truly a hot and fast temp.

First of all 250-275 is NOT hot n fast. Secondly how do you know it was 38* when it started? Shouldnt be poking a probe into that baby until later in the cook.
If you have a side stem, your actually cookin at 300-350 and your fine.

I realize 250-275 is not hot n fast i was waiting till the temp stabilize then i was gonna ramp it up to 300 to 325 i have a oven grate thermometer right next to the brisket and a redi check probe in it right in the center.

Are you going to wrap? If not I would think your on schedule. If your going to wrap at 150-160 it might be done between 3-4 oclock. Just stick it in a cooler n let er rest. it'll be fine.

just checked the It with another thermometer and its right I was not intending to wrap but if i did i wasnt gonna for long. I was thinking about wrapping @ 185 till it hit 195-200.

Back