before

RichardF

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
P1000105.jpg

P1000104.jpg

after

P1000112.jpg

turkey and two ducks - smoked and then glazed. it's been a while since i've smoked anything, but luckily i still have the muscle memory.

Those ducks are making me drool! lol Turkey doesn't look too shabby, either. This is how you cook when you're out of practice??? Wow! :thumb:

between before

and after - post smoke, prior to glaze

P1000108.jpg

P1000110.jpg

yes - i glazed the ducks on a gasser, but sometimes it's the right tool for the job :roll:

What was the glaze?
Looks really good Richard!:thumb:

it was berry berry bbq sauce from paul kirk's championship bbq sauces book. it's a great hybrid sauce that's perfect for thanksgiving and poultry.

2 cups tomato based bbq sauce
1 cup strawberry preserves
1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs chili powder
1/2 ts garlic powder
1/4 ts ground allspice
1/4 ts ground cloves

combine all, bring to a boil, simmer for 30 minutes and make sure you don't let it burn. works well as both a sauce and/or glaze. even with the chili powder this stuff is frighteningly sweet. i mixed it in tonight with some elbow macaroni i was eating with meat from the turkey breast i smoked yesterday because i knew there would be no left-overs from the whole bird.

WOW :shocked:
I wish mine would come out half as good looking

oh and one small question...is that a tennis ball peeking out of the cavity on the bird in the top pic? :becky:

Those birds look awesome - thanks for posting! :clap2:

WOW :shocked:

oh and one small question...is that a tennis ball peeking out of the cavity on the bird in the top pic? :becky:

A couple of green apple and onion quarters wrapped in cheese cloth. i pull them out when there's about an hour left of cooking time.

Who are you?

i guess that's an invitation to report to cattle call and not to explore my existential angst.

Back