Best Gameplan

sullysQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been nominated to do a smoke turkey breast(bone-in) due to past results :bow:. Ok gloating over but gotta take what ya can get lol.
We are having Thanksgiving lunch 12-1ish time frame with a 30 minute travel time.
I know this much for sure, I am carving off the breast halves before we leave(presentation doesn't matter so this helps). What I can't figure out is:
A. Travel with breast halves and slice there
B. Slice ahead of time and reheat there
Had thought about finishing in oven there but space in oven will be limited with other sides occupying the oven.

Which one is going to give me the juicest results at eating time?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wait to carve until you get there. Maybe transport in a crock with a little hot stock in the bottom to keep the moisture up?

Pull right before leaving. Wrap tightly in foil, then in a couple of towels, then place in cooler (not too much empty space, if any) and go. When you get there, it will still be hot, the juices will have set, and it will be ready to carve. Serve. Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving! Easy Peasy

Why carve it before you go?

I had thought about doing it there but space is limited so I figured I would carve it ahead of time to save some trouble.

Thanks guys for the suggestions haven't done the travelling part with the turkey before so was kinda stumped on best method but this tips are a big help.

As said above, carve it there. If you carve it before you leave it will start drying out.

Back