Beef Loin Ribs

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
In all the years I've been smoking, I have never done beef ribs until a half rack caught my eye at Wally World this morning. I rubbed with SGH and a little Obie-Que's Double Garlic salt and put in at 300) with a few slabs of babybacks for a party tonight. So the beef ribs appear done. About how long do they generally take? They've only been in about 90 minutes! :shocked:

Brisket on a stick... takes that long. Typically for me it's in the 5-6 hour range - but probe em - what's the temp and tenderness?

And Dang you Jeff - now I want beef ribs!!!

I think this one was a little thin cut by whoever butchered it! The thing is about to fall apart between each bone and the top is big time shiner city! Only been on a little over 2 hours now. I just wrapped them and let them go. I think I should have wrapped at about 90 minutes.

Yeah those style are pretty common, very little meat on them, prolly are close to done... BOS (brisket onna stick) are usually called beef chuck back ribs if I remember right, usually cut individually and 1/2 the length, but totally worth it!, and yeah, about 5-6 hours for that kind...

I think this one was a little thin cut by whoever butchered it! The thing is about to fall apart between each bone and the top is big time shiner city! Only been on a little over 2 hours now. I just wrapped them and let them go. I think I should have wrapped at about 90 minutes.

Well? Well??? Huh huh huh?? How are they????

The ones I get from the Asian market are pretty meaty. I cook them like BBs, but add at least an hour! Love to find out how they came out.

I believe last time I cooked them it took about 3.5 to 4 hours and I used foil. They do shrink up quite a bit but they should come out tender and very tasty. Good luck.

Back