Many congrats from yesterday!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Big Creek enjoyed a great contest in Golden City, Missouri and captured reserve grand - but I wanted to extend many congratulations to friends from all over on the big day of October 8... to David from Butcher BBQ on the Grand at Golden City and to Grant from Hardway BBQ on winning the Southwest Missouri points chase! Congrats to Kyle and Steph from TheSlabs.com on winning a big brisket title in St. Louis and to Dennis of 4 Smokin' Butts on the Grand there! Loren and Cheryl Hill, The Smoking Hills, on the St Louis Reserve Grand! To Mike and Beth, the Quau folks on the Grand in Arthur, Illinois, great job and congrats! GREAT work and thanks to Stan, Amy and Shane for picking up the pieces and saving St Louis with their hard work and know-how!!! I know the teams there are very grateful when things could have been completely different. You made a bad situation at least workable and saw things through to the end! To Brent Richardson of Slabs of Approval on his best finish ever - three top ten calls and third overall at DeSoto, Kansas! And last, the most exciting for us... my good friends and Operation BBQ Relief brothers Will Cleaver and Jon Orr of Sticks-N-Chicks BBQ on their FIRST EVER GRAND at DeSoto, Kansas! So proud of you guys! I only wish I could have been there to see it! What a great day yesterday was! :clap2:

Last edited:
Oops! Forgot about Centralia! Todd Johns and his son Michael cooked that contest together for the first time and won Grand! Great job to you guys! Great moment winning together with just you and your son, Todd!

Oops! Forgot about Centralia! Todd Johns and his son Michael cooked that contest together for the first time and won Grand! Great job to you guys! Great moment winning together with just you and your son, Todd!

Thanks. We were headed to STL until the last minute when Ronelle couldn't do Centralia because he and Amy were sick. I had to work all day Friday and would have hit STL around 10pm. Instead, we hit Centralia a little before 8pm Friday night. That is by far the latest I've ever arrived at a contest. I had nothing trimmed. I trimmed out two butts and one brisket in 15 minutes. No time for injection, just rub, smoke, and sauce!! :thumb: I knew it would be a challenge, but often adversity brings focus.

Was a beautiful little town. The fall leaves and lovely weather made for a great weekend with my son. We stopped at a corn maze on the way home and spent about an hour and a half doing the maze, hay ride, hay pit, etc. I traded our leftover ribs for the cost of the maze. :becky: They owners were falling over themselves. It was funny.

Thanks Jeff, always nice to see you and your family at a contest. Congrats to everyone this weekend that got to hear there name called.

Back