MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
Austin
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Phils Banderas

anyone know where he had his smokers made??Klouse maybe,,any ideal if he makes them or was it special order,,,awsome smoker
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
nmayeux
Babbling Farker

Phil's MAOB was made by Klose, and I believe that it is a special order.
Noah
Lang 60 Marie Laveau
Deep South Single Chamber Glenda
WSM 22.5 Asmarelda
22.5 OTG Samantha
Weber Genesis Mocha
nmayeux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #3
Austin

anyone know a ballpark amount he paid for it,,,im looking for a larger pit but like the design of my brethren,,

Old 05-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
anyone know a ballpark amount he paid for it,,,im looking for a larger pit but like the design of my brethren,,
Need to ask him in PM if he wants to share that.
This was a custom pit and pricing would mean little with the market pressures on a production unit.
PartyGrills makes a somewhat similar unit that is somewhere in the $3-$4K range. Gator has a couple of large verticals also.

Just need to watch the market and see if Klose wants to take the MOAB to production. It is very heavy and special for Phil's needs.

TIM

Old 05-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
Austin

NO sir memphis tennessee,,you guys missed out on 4 days of perfect weather and bbqing on the river,,250 teams,,love memphis in may

Old 05-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
the Baskyard Chef was about $2,200, over 2 years ago. Probably a good $3,000 now
Guess again. Mine was over 3k before shipping. The price of steel has gone nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #7
BrooklynQ
Banned

Austin,
PM phil about the MOAB. You could probably convince Klose, with Phil's help, to make you one just like it.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 09:07 AM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

EEkkk.....

That Bandera clone was NOT $1800!!!. It weighs in at 980lbs and as configured for me, its is going to run over $3000.00. I will be posting details shortly.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : samichlaus

Klose prices went up about 25% a couple months ago. I snuck in just before the increase.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #10
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samichlaus
Klose prices went up about 25% a couple months ago. I snuck in just before the increase.
Just saw Dave Klose on TV and he said that his BYC costs about $1,300. Guess this show was recorded awhile ago.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
BBQchef33

Stock BYC is $1825. With a 40inch main and 1/4 inch steel firebox. Recommended options for that is a longer main chamber 125 per foot, 1/2 inch firebox, pullout shelves, heavier wheels.. etc.. lookin at upwards of $2800.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 05-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : samichlaus

Mine was $3,250 + $850 shipping.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #13
thillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
Quote:
Just saw Dave Klose on TV and he said that his BYC costs about $1,300. Guess this show was recorded awhile ago.
I saw that too. I think it was a rerun. Did you see the phonebooth from Serijevo(sp) with bulletproof glass he was making into a smoker?
Mini BGE-adopted 1/31/08 CL Score
Traeger 075-adopted 12/3/11 CL Score
Weber 1 touch CL Score
Weber Spirit 500 CL Score
Weber Smokey Joe Silver CL Score
BLUE & RED Thermapens
Klose 20x42-SOLD

Paddlin Pigs BBQ
Ty
thillin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #14
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
Quote:
I saw that too. I think it was a rerun. Did you see the phonebooth from Serijevo(sp) with bulletproof glass he was making into a smoker?
Saw that this weekend. Went fishin with Dave and took a tour of the shop.. He has a load of unique stuff he makes cookers out of. The phone booth is full size with 8-9 shelves in it and a smal firebox on the the bottom with a baffle over it. Thats my son in front of the phone booth, The cooker below it is reserved for cookin babybacks. Will be posting more pic tonight.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 05-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #15
parrothead

Quote:
Will be posting more pic tonight.
You better!

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote